Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY do rapids bring silly money now

The late John Darling shot a Rapid. Also a tuned HW80. The Rapid was better.

Yes, they have a cult following. They were one of the first PCP's to sell in numbers and just worked. Many cut their teeth on them. I suspect they will hold their value if not increase. For collectors then unmolested and mint in box will make a premium. These will become extremely rare as few will survive the using and tinkering. The second group to hold future value will be well sorted and fine tuned examples, but they need to be done well.

Like the HW35E, HW77, HW80, Original 45, Webley Omega, and FWB Sport, the Rapid will be a future proof classic great. One of the first PCP's that got a following and holds respect. Grab them while you can. Best bit they still hold their own with the modern offerings.

I don't even own a PCP. If I did it would probably be a Rapid.

rapid

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Let’s look at it another way, I would have to sell 3 -4 of my rapids at silly prices just to be able to afford 1 new gun, form the likes of daystate, steyr and RAW. A fair trade? Probably not.

Bb
    why a new gun there are lots of used guns ,tip tip and at resonabel price to , i used to shoot rapids years ago all the time so i no how the shoot , But there is other top guns out there, i will shoot what is there at the time ,and to be totaly honest theres not a lot of gun these day that are not accurit, but its back to the price no blinkers on me.lol. atb bob

Here are 4 photographs of Top Gun FX2000's Rapids:

Depending where they are being advertised I don't think people ask silly money for them, Been some bargains on the forums, The xxxadds site however I think most sellers are on some really good ganja with the prices they have been asking for , Not
    Just rapids either, I not long ago bought a 1995 I think mk1 rapid with walnut stock, Came as standard with an original long series slim silencer , it also came with 3x7 shot mags and a 2 shot mag, Also with it was a boxed Hawke 3-9×50 scope and a nikko sterling platinum 3-9×50 scope with ruby lense and box, Had lots of strip manuals and other papers which come with it from new, The gun ain't shot a full tin of pellets from new and feels and looks like new,Also come with stirrup pump and waxed gun case, Paid £600 but this was on the same site and been advertised for 7 weeks before I bought it.

Mfr

I have a .177 MFR( with the shroud) with the extra silencer in mint condition with the anti tampa still in place .what would that be worth
    Cheers Ray

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    The ugly bug airgun ball,

What one would win first prize

ONLY JOKING I think

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    I have a .177 MFR( with the shroud) with the extra silencer in mint condition with the anti tampa still in place .what would that be worth
    Cheers Ray
    Just a rough price and my thoughts, £750 would be a good buy for someone, Think between that and £850, That anti tamper would be a big bonus to most buyers, I think untouched ones are going to be the ones to look out for.

All this bloody rapid talk got me looking through my cabinate to see what id sell to buy one now

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

ONLY JOKING I think
    The Rapid looks almost presentable compared with the Black Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    All this bloody rapid talk got me looking through my cabinate to see what id sell to buy one now
    Rapiditus is very contagious, you have been warned

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

ONLY JOKING I think
    I would echo that sentiment but I am not joking

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The Rapid looks almost presentable compared with the Black Fox.
    Yes, but that Black Fox really is fugly !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Because they are so good is the answer. I don't think £550_600 for a 200+ shot count gun is a lot to pay personally. I've had a few, and if I was to get another PCP, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
    The last one I had, a mk1 .177 would put pellet on pellet everytime. That was a gun over 20 years old and it's still capable of doing it. Plus, they are never going to sell for a lot less than what you paid for it, so it's a win win situation. Buy one, own it for 2 years, and get your money back when you sell it. What's not to like.?
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Cheers Ray
    £450 and I will come and pick it up this evening

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    £450 and I will come and pick it up this evening

Bb
    I bet you will Pete

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars