Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY do rapids bring silly money now

i do like that one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The ugly bug airgun ball,

What one would win first prize

ONLY JOKING I think
    HI, I do like that one lol this thred needs someone with a sense of humour LOL, atb bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    £450 and I will come and pick it up this evening

Bb
    Ok, what time you coming

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post

Bb

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Rapid MK1 For Sale

A Rapid mk1 .22 with a very nice original stock no Studs cutouts etc L@@ks a really nice example well worth a peek, Posted 3 hours ago on freeads for sale in Tredegar £700
    Last edited by Top Gun FX2000; 09-10-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the price
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

unless you are a collector I still say get a bit of a pup and send it to be sorted...it will end up better. I now have 4 - 3 x MFR's and a nice Mk1. Do I need any others...nope...would I buy one with a nice sentinel stock if it appeared, oh yes.

thanks
    Tim B

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_B View Post
    unless you are a collector I still say get a bit of a pup and send it to be sorted...it will end up better. I now have 4 - 3 x MFR's and a nice Mk1. Do I need any others...nope...would I buy one with a nice sentinel stock if it appeared, oh yes.

thanks
    Tim B
    Oh yes
    You will buy more Tim, its a cert

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Theoben Rapid .22 on GunStar

Just posted on GunStar in Glasgow Theoben Rapid .22 with custom profile stock 12 shot mag Nikon pro staff scope and a few months old 12ltr 300bar bottle all for £550
    Last edited by Top Gun FX2000; 11-10-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If we've moved on so far what has replaced it ?

Basic, simple to work on, huge shot count, highly accurate, superb ergonomics & British made.

The modern equivalent top rifle is £1300-£1800, so a rapid at £500-£700 still looks like a good choice to me.
    Everything angrybear says, I've had a 30ft/lbs one for 18 years and still an awesome reliable dependable bit of kit. The only thing that spoilt mine was that joke of the GAMO trigger but fitting a Charlie Tuna kit sort that problem
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

ive just sold my mk1 one which id owned for years it was in 22 mint condition I sold it for 550

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Just posted on GunStar in Glasgow Theoben Rapid .22 with custom profile stock 12 shot mag Nikon pro staff scope and a few months old 12ltr 300bar bottle all for £550
    That one sure sold fast

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    I have been offerd silly money for some of mine but would not part with them.even though I know they are not worth that kind of money.
    kevG

I hope the prices keep rising for un tampered rapids.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    I hope the prices keep rising for un tampered rapids.
    Im sure the prices will keep rising as demand is constant and with owners always wanting anothrr one, lets see what the American versions like when its done, even then I think the original will be even more sought after

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

The old Rapids bring a high price for the same reason the almost identical RAW rifles go for over $2000. with a six month waiting list. ... The design is sound and uncluttered. They have the potential for extreme accuracy, are solid, no nonsense, and a great example of "form follows function". What's not to like?
    Wischo 55N, HW77, FWB 300s, HW30s, HW35e, RWS 48, HW35 Freimark, HW55s, LG53, Daystate Harrier, Brocock Contour, HW100s, LG110, EV2 Mk3, AA T200, HM1000 x2, Kalibr Mini Carbine, LGR, LP53, Tempest, FWB 65, Diana 6M, H-S 800, Benj 132.