Thread: Target shortage!?

Target shortage!?

Down in Surrey for the day, so called into the NSRA shop at the Lord Robert's Centre to get some pellets and 20-yard and 6-yard pistol targets. "Quality control" problems mean they currently are unable to supply almost any type of target.
    Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

There have been problems with 25yd 0.22 targets over the summer. The printers mucked up the diameter of the 9-ring, and the white rings.

We bought 3000 10 meter air rifle targets recently - no problems.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I don't know what they did have, but when I said I wanted pistol targets, they said they had nothing, and no idea when the situation would be resolved.
    Having said that, it could be resolved in the next few days!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

I asked someone to get me 200 x 10m pistol targets in the NSRA shop, Bisley at the weekend - apparently the targets are there but they can't be sold as they are out of spec somehow. wouldn't even sell them for practice purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Down in Surrey for the day, so called into the NSRA shop at the Lord Robert's Centre to get some pellets and 20-yard and 6-yard pistol targets. "Quality control" problems mean they currently are unable to supply almost any type of target.
    Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    Our club has some of the dodgy 25yd targets. They don't actually look all that bad until you put them next to a "to-spec" target at which point they're quite obviously inferior, which is presumably why they didn't pick it up earlier. You'd have to be looking reasonably hard to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I asked someone to get me 200 x 10m pistol targets in the NSRA shop, Bisley at the weekend - apparently the targets are there but they can't be sold as they are out of spec somehow. wouldn't even sell them for practice purposes.
    It's unfortunate that they won't sell the off ones for practice, but I suspect they're afraid that someone would inevitably end up putting stickers on them because they haven't got the message. Given that the Competition Secretary's job in most clubs is somewhere akin to herding cats, they're probably right

It may also be that they are (presumably) returning them to McQueen's as Rejects in return for ones that have been done properly, in which case they're not theirs to sell.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 08-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    If you need 10m targets in a hurry;

https://targets.krueger-shops.eu//sc...arYS3&saSearch[category]=Air+pistol+10+m

Good service and prompt delivery.

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Latest statement from NSRA (Monday Oct 8th)

We have found errors in the printing of NSRA targets and are taking steps to rectify them.

Initially, a fault was found on the 2510BM/89 (25 yard 10 bull) targets, which has since been rectified. However, having looked at other targets we supply, it came to our attention that there are more targets affected.

We are working hard with the printers to deal with their error and new proof versions are being created. These need to be accurately measured and signed off as correct before printing recommences to ensure the quality of the product going forward. Obviously, this is a time consuming process.

We will ensure supply of the correct targets is resumed as soon as possible but would ask for patience whilst this work is carried out.

As a result, the issue of stickers for winter competitions is currently suspended. We will soon be sending out information to scorers, Counties and Clubs about how to deal with the situation.

There will clearly need to be an extension in the timings for the winter league dates. New competition final dates for shooting will be issued as soon as possible.

We will give information as to which targets are affected, how to identify bad targets (if possible) and how to exchange faulty targets for the correct ones as soon as the information is available.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation