Thread: Shooting Jacket Sizes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Zooma,

I'd say you're quite right to maintain a constant thickness of underclothing. Personally I think technical fabrics are better than cotton, warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. Cotton tends to get damp and claggy in the heat.

I shoot on an uninsulated and unheated range; wool long johns make a big difference in the winter.

There is one advantage for tailored sleeves in 10m air, a pointier left elbow should dig into your side better than a loose sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    Zooma,

I'd say you're quite right to maintain a constant thickness of underclothing. Personally I think technical fabrics are better than cotton, warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. Cotton tends to get damp and claggy in the heat.

I shoot on an uninsulated and unheated range; wool long johns make a big difference in the winter.

There is one advantage for tailored sleeves in 10m air, a pointier left elbow should dig into your side better than a loose sleeve.
    Would that be "technical wool" in your long johns Tim

A pointy left elbow sounds like a good idea - but not as good as a cunningly placed Velcro patch
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

No, not merino, too dear for me. Just Mountain Warehouse's ordinary wool.

Hmm, not sure velcro is legal if you're shooting to NSRA rules. Textured material (suede, Top-Grip rubber) is OK, but glue or spikes (thinking prone there), aren't allowed.