Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWB 601 value ?

FWB 601 value ?

Having just bought a 300s I find that Feinwerkbaus are a bit like buses as I've just been offered a 601 today.

What would be the ballpark figure to pay for a mint FWB 601 please gentlemen ?

All the best Mick

Guesstimate between £400 -450.

Fwb 601

If it is in VVGC or mint you would pay all of that and a bit more

Mick,

The SSP rifles of that period shoot superbly

I have a Walther LG90, and it is still the most accurate rifle I have ever owned ( I have all the classic 10m 'springers' of that period ).

If I had the chance to get a FWB6xx, I would jump at it !

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Thank you gentlemen,

Though I have no great need or use for a 601 I'll see if I can sort a deal out, the thing that's holding me back a little is the fact that 601s seem to go for about £200 in Germany, and I have a contact out there willing to ship to me.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Thank you gentlemen,

Though I have no great need or use for a 601 I'll see if I can sort a deal out, the thing that's holding me back a little is the fact that 601s seem to go for about £200 in Germany, and I have a contact out there willing to ship to me.

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick. I scan eGun most days and if you see a 601 for £200 I think it'd probably be in well used condition, as most of them are these days. A mint one would most likely sell for more, plus the usual currency exchange commission, shipping cost etc, on top.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

If it really is mint, £500 nowadays..they are in demand and don't hang around long but depends on how mint is defined, most good ones are not mint, most that left the factory were not mint mint but a real superb little used example will fetch £500 easy. Most used but good ones will sell for between £375 and £450. I have a 601 and 03, love them, superb guns so I keep my eye on their prices over here. Much cheaper on eGun but look at all the grief involved getting a gun over here from eGun unless you have a guy over there like you say who can help. Even then you take your chances on the condition etc. Much safer buying from a UK seller, particular one from BBS and paying the extra. That's my 2 p worth......
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Well gentlemen, thanks to your input I am now the proud owner of a Feinwerkbau, but it turned out to be a 602, not a 601 --- I don't know if that alters your valuations ?

And it is mint and came with a few bits and bobs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll get the bell target set up tomorrow and give it a thorough testing.

Well gentlemen, thanks to your input I am now the proud owner of a Feinwerkbau, but it turned out to be a 602, not a 601 --- I don't know if that alters your valuations ?

And it is mint and came with a few bits and bobs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll get the bell target set up tomorrow and give it a thorough testing.
    Foxy Michael very foxy Martins language may become even fruitier

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Foxy Michael very foxy Martins language may become even fruitier
    Unfortunately Gav, this morning, whilst I was on the phone to Martin explaining how to get to Melbourne Fayre, his toaster threw a six and set fire to his flat, so I didn't goad him too much over my latest purchase.

602 - Watch out for the front stock screw, according to WD : http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....es-differences

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    602 - Watch out for the front stock screw, according to WD : http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....es-differences
    It's true that this was considered a flaw and eliminated in the 603, but I had a 602 which wasn't split and showed no sign of wanting to. The most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It's true that this was considered a flaw and eliminated in the 603, but I had a 602 which wasn't split and showed no sign of wanting to.
    There's no sign of this one splitting, Danny, but if it does become a problem I have a feeling there's enough metal in there to drill and tap from below as per 601 and 603.
    Not exactly a collector's approach, but it would give a permanent fix to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin
    The most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
    I may try a little indoor 20 meter bench-rest tomorrow to see how it performs before setting the bell target up.

Unfortunately Gav, this morning, whilst I was on the phone to Martin explaining how to get to Melbourne Fayre, his toaster threw a six and set fire to his flat, so I didn't goad him too much over my latest purchase.
    Bloody hell hope he's ok

Mick,

Lovely rifle

By some miracle, and after much looking, last Thursday I too became the owner of a FWB602

I was even more surprised that the seals were in fine condition and seems to hold pressure.

Shoots 580 fps (6.2 ft.lb) with JSB Match Blue (8.28 gr.), and 610 fps (5.8 ft.lb) with RWS R10 Pistol (6.99 gr.)

After a quick strip, lube & stock clean & polish, the 602 not only looks beautiful, but shoots beautifully too.

The front screw area is fine - no cracking or splitting ; the stock screws were nipped up only lightly, and with Loctite 222 should remain where they are.

As a cherry on the cake, mine really likes my go-to field pellet - JSB Express 4.52

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 07-10-2018 at 08:01 AM.