Thread: Lincoln Jeffries H model sold 20th March

Lincoln Jeffries H model sold 20th March

Lincoln Jeffries H model rifle serial no: 910 in what looks like good condition sold on 20th March at auction. I dont suppose anyone has a subscription to this site to check the price it was sold for?
    Would love to add the H model to my first series BSA collection not sure how much I need to budget for if I ever get a chance to buy one of these lovely rifles.
    Thanks for your help.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/a...c-a89e00d6b867

I cant remember the price for this one, but either in this auction or one of Wallis and Wallies other auctions they had number 300. I was gunning for it but unfortunately I was ill that day and missed out. I think it went for £240-270 hammer price. I am annoyed at myself since I would of gladly paid that and then some since I adore these rifles.
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by BadPigeon View Post
    Lincoln Jeffries H model rifle serial no: 910 in what looks like good condition sold on 20th March at auction. I dont suppose anyone has a subscription to this site to check the price it was sold for?
    Would love to add the H model to my first series BSA collection not sure how much I need to budget for if I ever get a chance to buy one of these lovely rifles.
    Thanks for your help.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/a...c-a89e00d6b867
    Looks like it had the wrong sights fitted. The sights showing on that gun are from a 1920's or 30's gun. Would cost around 60 quid to buy the correct ones ( if you could find them) ?

Lakey

How about this one - work needed at the breech , and the foresight could be a replacement, but apart from that looks in OK original condition.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...f-a97501078a67

Lakey

Shame there is no serial no, otherwise I can't tell if that is LincolnJ H model or an early BSA. I believe they changed the breech tap retaining plate from serial 2626, improved mod variant from then on.
    BSA through breech tap retaining screw was bigger so this does not look original unless it is a Lincoln Jeffries variant of some sort. It would be hard to find a tap that would fit that early rifle well if the tap isn't the original one.
    If it was the H mod then it would be worth a punt. Does look like a nice project for someone to restore that lady to its former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by BadPigeon View Post
    Shame there is no serial no, otherwise I can't tell if that is LincolnJ H model or an early BSA. I believe they changed the breech tap retaining plate from serial 2626, improved mod variant from then on.
    BSA through breech tap retaining screw was bigger so this does not look original unless it is a Lincoln Jeffries variant of some sort. It would be hard to find a tap that would fit that early rifle well if the tap isn't the original one.
    If it was the H mod then it would be worth a punt. Does look like a nice project for someone to restore that lady to its former glory.
    The auction house could provide you with the serial number very quickly. As for the breech screw and small keeper screw, you would probably need to buy pattern parts from JK, or Chambers, then fettle them to fit. They would need to be distressed, but once done would be in keeping with the rest of the gun. You would probably need to do the same with the foresight, however once all that was done I think you would have a nice thing. Of course, The airsporter is purely an extra, and could be later sold to subsidise another Lincoln when the time was right. Whats not to like ?

Lakey