Some advice, please, from the experts here (and Lakey, if you see this) - or, at least, those more knowledgeable, technical and wiser than me! Albeit a technophobe, I have stripped a rifle for the first time. I was surprised that this was remarkably simple and it has therefore provided a degree of satisfaction. It is a Webley Mk3.

I found a crushed pellet in the chamber; perhaps someone loaded the rifle and then cocked it, sucking the pellet through the transfer port. I have cleared this.

The spring appears uniform. I have cleaned it and the outside of the piston and, to the extent possible, the inside too. I have cleaned the inside of the chamber/cylinder. I used some Brasso for this exercise.

I have inspected the washers, manipulated the main washer, freeing it of a small degree of grease and have soaked it and the other washers in neatsfoot compound for the night. They appeared all quite normal, with a small indent where the flatted pellet was sited, seems to have come out with manipulation

Is there anything else I should do?

I presume I should lightly grease the inside and outside of the piston, plus the mainspring and perhaps also the chamber, to facilitate smooth interaction. I have LT2, a molybdenum grease.

I have not dismantled the trigger system. I could oil it with 3 in 1 but presumably not the mainspring, cylinder and piston.

I cannot tell if the spring requires renewal as I cannot tell how it compares with a new spring.

All advice gratefully received!

Rgds to all,
A