Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Centenary .177

BSA Centenary .177

NOW SOLD

I am lead to believe only around 250 were made. This one is very tidy, but lacks any paperwork etc. and the bag has no handles.
    £500 collection or local drop off only.
    Last edited by Binners; 13-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Bsa

Wow you don't see many of them in .177 and especially at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.ronnie View Post
    Wow you don't see many of them in .177 and especially at that price.

Soooo tempted to keep her, at least till the Ausi $ drops in value.

Just been asked if it is a real Centenary and if it came with box, cert and oil etc in .177 and all for a monkey

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Pete,

It's not got the sling, cert, badge or other paraphinalia that those of these that make a monkey sport, BUT I like this one, and if you will take £425 collected, and allow me a few weeks to raise the readies, I will take this please.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

There are a good few mint in box with all the little bits and bobs that came with the Centenary: stickers, sling, badges, certificates. They hold the premium well; £1k isn't robbing anyone though £850 is the norm.
    Far fewer .177's were made, about 1/4.
    Used or slightly used and without all the bits are few and far between. £500 is a fair price.

At the end of the day they were but a blinged up Airsporter S, and don't shoot any better. These point and shoot really nicely with open sight. The BSA branded Weaver?? scope doesn't add much to what can be acheived, they are not a HW77.
    I think they are one of the prettiest air rifles, and BSA's, done. I think the Centenary handles better than the standard Airsporters, they give a real pleasurable shooting experience. Anyhow, I was sad to sell mine. Anyone buying one should be happy for what it is, a fine rifle.

Good luck with the sale. If you are not keeping it make someone else happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Pete,

It's not got the sling, cert, badge or other paraphinalia that those of these that make a monkey sport, BUT I like this one, and if you will take £425 collected, and allow me a few weeks to raise the readies, I will take this please.
    The last one of these that had all the bits fetched over £800 This one (serial number 26, I think) is so tidy, I doubt it has seen 50 pellets. The bag has only the shoulder strap, the handles have gone.

It owes me £450 and if you can stretch to that, I will get it to Great Leighs racecourse for you.
    Howzat?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    There are a good few mint in box with all the little bits and bobs that came with the Centenary: stickers, sling, badges, certificates. They hold the premium well; £1k isn't robbing anyone though £850 is the norm.
    Far fewer .177's were made, about 1/4.
    Used or slightly used and without all the bits are few and far between. £500 is a fair price.

At the end of the day they were but a blinged up Airsporter S, and don't shoot any better. These point and shoot really nicely with open sight. The BSA branded Weaver?? scope doesn't add much to what can be acheived, they are not a HW77.
    I think they are one of the prettiest air rifles, and BSA's, done. I think the Centenary handles better than the standard Airsporters, they give a real pleasurable shooting experience. Anyhow, I was sad to sell mine. Anyone buying one should be happy for what it is, a fine rifle.

Good luck with the sale. If you are not keeping it make someone else happy.
    Thank you for that, I have a good reason for selling a few rifles at the moment and your comments give me peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post

The last one of these that had all the bits fetched over £800 This one (serial number 26, I think) is so tidy, I doubt it has seen 50 pellets. The bag has only the shoulder strap, the handles have gone.

It owes me £450 and if you can stretch to that, I will get it to Great Leighs racecourse for you.
    Howzat?
    £450 agreed. ... I'll get listing and selling stuff tomorrow afternoon. You am de man Mr Binners, you am de man. xxx

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I think it's a fair price too. I had both .177 and .22 both boxed with everything as they came out the factory. The .22 was number 2, and the .177 number 235.
    When I sold them I got £950 each.
    My mate Simmo on here had one like yours and sold that for £625 if I remember rightly, so your price is fair.

For me, what let the centenary down was the stock, it was a poor piece of timber on what could have been a stunning rifle. These were mine
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124581.../shares/T5uE89
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post

For me, what let the centenary down was the stock, it was a poor piece of timber on what could have been a stunning rifle. These were mine

Fozzy
    Nice looking duo. Yes, the stock wood quality could've been better, agreed, but we go into ownership of these eyes wide open. Had a .22 in the past which I sold to buy an FAC Rapid, but part of me always regretted said sale, and my solace in doing so came from deciding at that time that notwithstanding my AIRGUNAID .20 HUNTER that all my post-way sub 12ft.lb air guns should be in .177, so seeing this advertised, and going for it, was something of a juggling no-brainer for me, and will see my only post-war .22 (a vgc rare Sussex Armoury Jackal with quality extras) up for sale before the day is out. Atb: G.

How BSA found such lack of figuring in the walnut is beyond me. Then they sold them, well tried too, at a high ticket price premium. Some took an age to get of the shelf; there were Theobens that had better wood...even HW's.
    However, they were the prettist and finest BSA of the early 1980's. No more will be made. There are a lot of BSA collectors.

Open sight in .177 for bell target..for the fun of it. Or .22 around the farmyard or pliking back yard, even more fun. Its not a match or even FT rifle. Shoot it standing sporting style and enjoy.

The plastic handles on the gunbag just self destruct as the plastic was rubbish. So bad if you have some in tact they won't be shortly, self destruct just looking at them. Doesn't effect price.

Anyhow, someone is happy...as it should be,
    Last edited by Muskett; 14-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    I think it's a fair price too. I had both .177 and .22 both boxed with everything as they came out the factory. The .22 was number 2, and the .177 number 235.
    When I sold them I got £950 each.
    My mate Simmo on here had one like yours and sold that for £625 if I remember rightly, so your price is fair.

Fozzy
    225 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    225 actually.
    You are right, it was 225 mate. I did wonder if I'd remembered correctly. 🖒🖒

Fozzy

This BSA Centenary .177 is again available ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

£450 agreed. ... I'll get listing and selling stuff tomorrow afternoon. You am de man Mr Binners, you am de man.
    Peter, I am so so sorry my friend, especially given the kind concessions you have made, but I have just in the last ten minutes discovered that I am going to have to do something I have NEVER had to do before, and back out of a deal (and don't I feel the heel) ...

Have just this morning, while getting the kids up and ready for school, been handed a consent form and invoice for £550 by my daughter for a geography school field trip to Barcelona that she wants to go on.

She 'forgot' to give it to me Friday it seems (ffs), so as stated above, I can no longer scrape the £450 together as needed to complete our deal for this beautiful Centenary, and so will have to decline and retract my offer, and sadly walk away.

I am so so sorry for wasting your generosity and time my friend. Yhpm2

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-10-2018 at 05:18 AM. Reason: to ad clarity to a hastily written post.