Thread: 3 Webley Pistols to value

3 Webley Pistols to value

Three webley pistols.

Gents I am looking for a steer on what these might be worth as I am reducing my collection and I have never really been into webleys ( I know what a heathen!!)

1. Webley Senior Serial number S10975 (975) on the barrel end nice patina cocks, fires, and shoots as it should.

2. Webley junior Serial number 699 or 669 depends on which way you hold it! Cocks, fires and shoots as it should

3 Webley Hurricane in very very good condition all the white is good on the writing. Shoots very nicely

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/tomd...=copy&sp=false

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wadhill1

Quote Originally Posted by Wadhill1 View Post
    Three webley pistols.

Gents I am looking for a steer on what these might be worth as I am reducing my collection and I have never really been into webleys ( I know what a heathen!!)

1. Webley Senior Serial number S10975 (975) on the barrel end nice patina cocks, fires, and shoots as it should.

2. Webley junior Serial number 699 or 669 depends on which way you hold it! Cocks, fires and shoots as it should

3 Webley Hurricane in very very good condition all the white is good on the writing. Shoots very nicely

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/tomd...=copy&sp=false

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wadhill1
    The pre-war Senior has replacement wood grips and looks like it has a bent barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The pre-war Senior has replacement wood grips and looks like it has a bent barrel?
    No, its an optical illusion I have just checked and its all good.

I would say 50 to 60 pounds for the Senior,80 pounds for the Hurricane and 35 pounds for the Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I would say 50 to 60 pounds for the Senior,80 pounds for the Hurricane and 35 pounds for the Junior.
    As low as that?!

has the webley pistol market fallen that far?

Valuations are,of course subjective,but taking into consideration the Senior and Junior having homemade replacement wooden grips,which renders them of little or no interest to collectors I think the price I have put on them to be about right.The Hurricane,too and unboxed I feel is about the right price.

I'm sure you will receive other appraisals..

With out the real Webley grips ,the guns are only worth that to some one who wants to shoot them or they want bits for their guns mike

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Valuations are,of course subjective,but taking into consideration the Senior and Junior having homemade replacement wooden grips,which renders them of little or no interest to collectors I think the price I have put on them to be about right.The Hurricane,too and unboxed I feel is about the right price.

I'm sure you will receive other appraisals..
    I would concur - the home made grips devalue the pistols considerably and there are plenty of other similar models available with the original parts for collectors to choose from.

Appreciate this is probably not what you want to hear

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I would concur - the home made grips devalue the pistols considerably and there are plenty of other similar models available with the original parts for collectors to choose from.

Appreciate this is probably not what you want to hear

John

Thanks to all of you for your replies---- I will have to go digging in the drawers as I do have the original grips for them, somewhere!

Heres hoping!

Wadhill