Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owners of 20 cal pcp’s - info please

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    My MFR does 10.9 with FTT & 11.6 with the JSB, in theory just about. Reg is at 80 bar.

John
    Any more useful posts , like this one, where people can give side by sides with FTT and heavier 20 cal pellets like JSB / Barracuda in the 20 cal pcp they own / shoot ???
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

.l

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Any more useful posts , like this one, where people can give side by sides with FTT and heavier 20 cal pellets like JSB / Barracuda in the 20 cal pcp they own / shoot ???
    My new hw100kt laminate, does 11.3 with daystate kaisers ( essentially ftt) and 11.34 with jsb. I didnt believe that the ftt and kaisers were any different but the kaisers shoot well out of my .20, better than ftt, and better still than jsb. On a side note i tried bisley superfields too. They also grouped well. Hope that helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I have thought about a 20 cal pcp for a long time, being a devotee of 20 cal in springers
    Can 20 cal pcp owners tell me if you can get FTT to go over 11 ftlbs while keeping within limit with the heavier 13 + JSB and Barracuda pellets -

For me it would be essential to get the FTT into low 11s to make it a worthwhile venture

Please note: I really am not asking for a calibre debate or comments from anyone other than current or previous 20 cal pcp owners.
    I'm told a heavier pellet fired through a longer barrel will give you more FPS. The same heavier pellet with a shorter barrel will be much slower.

I can't give any actual figures for comparison as I've recently discarded them but I queried this with theoben as i expected a heavey pellet i was trying out to be slower not faster.
    The rifle i was using at the time was a Theoben TTR in 20 cal and its long barrel gave the higher FPS ( can't remember the barrel length I'm afraid).
    And H&N FTT performed brilliantly. Incidentally so did Bisley Superfield but i hear these are no longer available.

Regards

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake267 View Post
    My new hw100kt laminate, does 11.3 with daystate kaisers ( essentially ftt) and 11.34 with jsb. I didnt believe that the ftt and kaisers were any different but the kaisers shoot well out of my .20, better than ftt, and better still than jsb. On a side note i tried bisley superfields too. They also grouped well. Hope that helps a little.
    Many Thanks -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post
    I'm told a heavier pellet fired through a longer barrel will give you more FPS. The same heavier pellet with a shorter barrel will be much slower.

I can't give any actual figures for comparison as I've recently discarded them but I queried this with theoben as i expected a heavey pellet i was trying out to be slower not faster.
    The rifle i was using at the time was a Theoben TTR in 20 cal and its long barrel gave the higher FPS ( can't remember the barrel length I'm afraid).
    And H&N FTT performed brilliantly. Incidentally so did Bisley Superfield but i hear these are no longer available.

Regards

Martin
    Yes, I agree from past rifles including FAC with the above in principle
    I’m simply trying to ascertain if I’m likely to be able to get a uk power 20 cal pcp which will knock out FTT (or another badge H&N sub 12 grain pellet) without rifle going OTT with heavies or the irksomely efficient but ‘too’ heavy jsbs -

My Daystate Huntsman Classic in .20 cal works best with H& N FTT pellets fpe is currently
    11.4, with my NV its a very good rabbit killer out to 40--50 yds,
    i also use a .20 HW95 for a few rats out under my bird table.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    My Daystate Huntsman Classic in .20 cal works best with H& N FTT pellets fpe is currently
    11.4, with my NV its a very good rabbit killer out to 40--50 yds,
    i also use a .20 HW95 for a few rats out under my bird table.
    atb brian
    Have you checked the muzzle energy of your Daystate using heavier pellets. What was the result?