Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owners of 20 cal pcp’s - info please

Owners of 20 cal pcp’s - info please

I have thought about a 20 cal pcp for a long time, being a devotee of 20 cal in springers
    Can 20 cal pcp owners tell me if you can get FTT to go over 11 ftlbs while keeping within limit with the heavier 13 + JSB and Barracuda pellets -

For me it would be essential to get the FTT into low 11s to make it a worthwhile venture

Please note: I really am not asking for a calibre debate or comments from anyone other than current or previous 20 cal pcp owners.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

.20 calibre

HI the answer to your question is yes you could set your power at 11.5 ftlb with the FTT and you wont go over 12ftlb with the heavier pellets
    you realy should by a chrono or download chairgun,

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    HI the answer to your question is yes you could set your power at 11.5 ftlb with the FTT and you wont go over 12ftlb with the heavier pellets
    you realy should by a chrono or download chairgun,
    Hi
    What 20 cal rifle are you using ?

I’m thinking of buying a regg’d anti tamper rifle and there lies the tricky part with set up - potentially-

well if you are buying a new PCP with anti tamper the chances are that it will be set below 11 ftlb so you remove the anti tamper and adjust to the
    required power

what PCP are thinking of buying

It might be an anomaly but my .20 MFR kicks out FTT at higher MV than JSB's, it also chucks the JSB's around the target at random, seriously does not like them at all.

Never tried the Barracuda.

You really do need to try it out. My legal limit Rapid .20 barrel definitely prefers the 13.7 grain JSB over the FTT even though they are usually better at FAC levels. You really need to try both and use the one that performs best. Try the Baracudas as well by all means but they are usually not as accurate in .20 as either the FTT or JSB.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

yes without a doubt

My MFR does 10.9 with FTT & 11.6 with the JSB, in theory just about. Reg is at 80 bar.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    My MFR does 10.9 with FTT & 11.6 with the JSB, in theory just about. Reg is at 80 bar.

John
    Many thanks for actually answering my post - about what I was guestimating, tis a pondersome issue indeed .....

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It might be an anomaly but my .20 MFR kicks out FTT at higher MV than JSB's, it also chucks the JSB's around the target at random, seriously does not like them at all.

Never tried the Barracuda.
    Very odd, I have tried about 20 .20 barrels now, never found any that like h&n ftt, a real shame because I have 6 unopened tins

Jsb is the most consistent performances out of all my barrels.

Back to op.

Why is it important to use ftts in the gun, surely accuracy is more important.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Very odd, I have tried about 20 .20 barrels now, never found any that like h&n ftt, a real shame because I have 6 unopened tins

Jsb is the most consistent performances out of all my barrels.

Back to op.

Why is it important to use ftts in the gun, surely accuracy is more important.

Bb
    I'd guess it's the weight thing, JSB being almost 20% heavier.

Maybe, but I wouldn’t sacrifice accuracy for speed.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Maybe, but I wouldn’t sacrifice accuracy for speed.

Bb
    Pete if you want to get rid of your FTT's just contact me. I've always got room for more as they work better than the JSB in my .20 springers-both Weihrauch, a 95 and a 80 which I use quite a bit.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Many thanks for actually answering my post - about what I was guestimating, tis a pondersome issue indeed .....
    You do realise it will vary from gun to gun? Whilst this may give you an indication there is no set answer, there are too many variables from gun to gun.