Thread: BSA ultra or s200

BSA ultra or s200

Hi I am looking at doing a little bit of target shooting and wondered which one of these you guys would recommend as an entry level rifle.

Thanks

Out of those 2 - S200 every day of the week 👍

All of the above.

S200 is the way to go mate, brilliant little rifle, punches way above its weight. Rog

I've had both of those rifles and in each calibre (4 rifles, 2x177 2x22). All of them were very good rifles, and all very accurate. Which did I have the longest? That was the Ultra in 177. Not much to pick between any of them as far as I'm concerned. I'd have any of them again if the price was right.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

I have both, and would have to say the S200. A lot less pellet fussy, and I had way less issues with it than my Ultra.

Thanks for the reply’s

What are the s200 10shot kits like

Currently have both and have previously owned a few of both also. I love an Ultra for hunting, the S200 is also good. If pushed I would say S200 for targets and Ultra for hunting. Quality wise, I would say the S200 just edges it
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet123 View Post
    What are the s200 10shot kits like
    The one on mine works faultlessly. Apparently they can be a bit problematic if not set up right. If your only target shooting, personally I wouldn't bother with one.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

The 10 shot kits take a bit of adjustment, but mine worked fine once set up. I've found that longer pellets can be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet123 View Post
    Hi I am looking at doing a little bit of target shooting and wondered which one of these you guys would recommend as an entry level rifle.

Thanks
    Neither - both are too light for target shooting, as in tricky for standing shots in all but perfect weather from my experience

A single shot BSA Scorpian would be my closest suggestion, just has that bit more weight and nicer balance

We've had both Ultra's and a MK 11 S200
    Much prefer Ultra's, couldn't keep the S200 steady as both light and long. An Ultra with a heavy scope and mod is a better balanced 'compact' all round rifle imo -

The missus shoots her Ultra on an hft course and loves it, but even she said it could do with being a tad heavier ..
    For a hunting rifle - Ultra great

Have you thought about the Gamo rifles or a Hatsan 44 something for that kinda money ??
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34