Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsporter S

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    It's an LPA sight made in Italy 😉👍 they still make them but not in the bsa 1/4" size I know mines missing one
    Is THIS the beastie you're talking about?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Is THIS the beastie you're talking about?

Pete
    That's for a 0.22 the 0.177 is much lower
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

s

I will take the sling swivel off and see if any threaded holes there ..It has a weird muzzle break on the muzzle end that will not shift Yet Ill get some pics later

My Mk3 S with the beach stock and maxi grip rail does have the metal open sights. I bought it new many moons ago from JSR for £120. A very accurate and powerful airsporter, does well off FTT.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    My Mk3 S with the beach stock and maxi grip rail does have the metal open sights. I bought it new many moons ago from JSR for £120. A very accurate and powerful airsporter, does well off FTT.
    I bought a mk3 S off of my shooting pal many years ago and sold it on not knowing it was a later S, I just thought it was one of the last tap loaders made before BSA brought in the RB2, that had open sights as well.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I wonder how accurate a BSA Airsporter S could be made, if someone threw the entire book of tuning monkey tricks at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I wonder how accurate a BSA Airsporter S could be made, if someone threw the entire book of tuning monkey tricks at it?
    The whole concept of a tap loader is an engineering compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Well my carbine S tap loader is pretty accurate and only really has a basic "drop in kit" tune up with the usual spit and polish, I expect it would be even better if tuned properly but it's not bad for a home tune.

Pete

If I get chance I'll have a go with my three, will need to scope up a my Mk3 & mk2 first though.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Airsporter S group

Well, please find a link to my best efforts with my 177 S fitted with tasco golden antler 4x32 at about 27 yards (26.5 of my paces!)
    Middle row on the right is my best effort, though it is a bit of a cheat��. After all the other practice groups I felt I was getting somewhere and went for a best 5 shot group. The first shot I pulled low by about an inch so I started again! This time the first shot went just to the left then the next four are just to the right, nearly down the same hole. The big problem is the trigger, I have it as light as I dare but it is a bit inconsistent. The pellets were JSB 4,53 which it spits out at 791fps. I know it may be easier to shoot if I dropped the power but for the moment I will leave it as it is. Next I'll have a go with my 22's and see how I get on.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjg0xflk7.jpg
    Last edited by maximus; 19-10-2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Crucial Scope and distance info added!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer