Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter S

Airsporter S

What would be a ball park figure for a very nice airsporter S TIA

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Depends on calibre, condition and sometimes how nice the Walnut is (not that that should effect the value but it helps to sell it).

All depends on if it's a mk1 or 2 S (could even be a mk3 but they had Deluxe Beech stocks), does it still have the open sights and any original bits it came with (box etc)

I've seen them go between £150 to 325 but the average seems to be £275ish.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ​.
    Also depends on condition (photos will help, here), and calibre, as those in .177 always seem to make more, and sell quicker, than those of a similar mark/model/condition in .22 (as I found out when I sold my Mk.II in .177 and my similar condition Mk.II in .22). Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Rydales 21.10.18,a .177 auction estimate £100 to £150.

s

Its in .22 and was bought in 84 few minor indents on stock if you look hard enough but they will steam out, its a beach stock it never had open sights as its scope railed

Early "Blond" ones make less. Collectors really want it complete with the open sights.
    Yours by the sound of it £150 tops.

Mint in box then £100 or so more. The premium is for perfect condition. Goes for most 80's rifles. 1984 was a long time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by don-ec View Post
    Its in .22 and was bought in 84 few minor indents on stock if you look hard enough but they will steam out, its a beach stock it never had open sights as its scope railed
    That sounds like a mk3 S then with the maxirail, and that should fetch a premium as they are rare. I had one that I sold when I sold off all my BSAs.
    Fozzy

S

Well I was about to say there were never any open sights on it and no way of fitting any unless there is a fixing underneath the sling swivel thats fitted ..Serial number is GP00606

Well I was about to say there were never any open sights on it and no way of fitting any unless there is a fixing underneath the sling swivel thats fitted ..Serial number is GP00606
    GP is a mk2 S
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    GP is a mk2 S

Mine says GM then three numbers

Presume that's an early MK 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Mine says GM then three numbers

Presume that's an early MK 1 ?
    According to that website 1979-83

I think we need to see some photo's of this rifle, Like already mentioned above by Ian and myself, the mk3 S had the Deluxe style Beech stock and the mk1/2's had the Walnut stocks, I'm just wondering if you have a mk2 S action in either a standard or Deluxe Beech stock.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Are you sure there's no screw thread on the top of the barrel at the muzzle to fix the front sight, my S carbine has a fixing on the front of the maxigrip rail to fit a Williams style sight, may be yours has been removed but there should be a fixing thread at the muzzle.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Are you sure there's no screw thread on the top of the barrel at the muzzle to fix the front sight, my S carbine has a fixing on the front of the maxigrip rail to fit a Williams style sight, may be yours has been removed but there should be a fixing thread at the muzzle.

Pete
    It's an LPA sight made in Italy 😉👍 they still make them but not in the bsa 1/4" size I know mines missing one