Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tench hw100

Tench hw100

Has anyone had any experience with a tench reg hw100? Just wondering what improvements you found over the standard reg

he is a brilliant bloke mate, i'm not sure about the hw100, but i did send him a s200 and i was getting around 60 shots before and after i could easily get over 100, consistency also improved.

HW100 tuning

Have you considered the titanium tube and tune up by hw100 tuning. Some very good reports about them on another forum. One guy is now getting just over 150 shots from his hw100 kt. And very very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake267 View Post
    Have you considered the titanium tube and tune up by hw100 tuning. Some very good reports about them on another forum. One guy is now getting just over 150 shots from his hw100 kt. And very very consistent.
    But with a big price tag as well

how much are we talking for the above?

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    About £325 Ok you can sell your cylinder

Hw100 tuning.

Yes it is reasonably expensive, 300 odd quid if you do it yourself, 400 odd quid if you have it done for you. I think. Depends how good you are with tuning and messing around setting reg pressure and balancing it with hammer strength. Mine will be going off for the full works next year. I follow the guys on the other forum and theyre continually looking at new ideas. Nice set of lads too. For me the cost will be worth it as its my favourite rifle. Shot count will go up loads and consistency will be excellent too.

needs to be good for 400,i take it carriage is on top too?

needs to be good for 400,i take it carriage is on top too?

Think so mate, and know what you mean but i think its worth it. I had an r10 that i spent a fortune on, tuned, huma regged, some silent internals made and fitted. Being honest, i didnt rate it. Couldnt give me another. This hw100 tuning is supposed to be awesome. I think for parts supplied and work done its worth it. Not much more than it cost for what i had done on my r10. Plus it will be ultra consistent and shot count goes up loads. I think one guy is getting 220-250 from his full length hw100 in .20 i think. Can sell your cylinder on too to help with cost a bit.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    I currently have the full titanium set up with reg and I have also had in the past an s410k with Simons reg in.
    Can't fault either tbh.
    Both great people to deal with and both make spot on kit.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

So what is wrong with the original set up , both of mine are fantastic and 60 shots is ok IMO they are taking the p***

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    So what is wrong with the original set up , both of mine are fantastic and 60 shots is ok IMO they are taking the p***

Nothing 'wrong' as such with mine as is. But i like to have my rifles the best they can be, a smaller fps variation and a huge shot count increase is good in my book. Gun tuned and serviced properly, anti tamper removed to aid fine tuning. Its a good service and upgrade. The parts alone add up a fair bit. Titanium cylinder you can fill to 250 bar. The shot count as standard is fine for hunting but not for club sessions. For me personally that is. I love the hw100 but the low shot count of the kt is an issue for me. Ill happily pay to have mine done. Though it will be next year.

You can only fill those cylinders to 250 bar if you have a reg fitted
    My HW100k will have about 5 fps spread , anti tamp has been taken out when I had a service , set up and all O rings replaced for the price of £95
    Sorry I just don't see it ,£800 for a new hw100 then spend half of that again on a tune ,when this gun is already one of the best PCP's if not the best sub 12

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    You can only fill those cylinders to 250 bar if you have a reg fitted
    My HW100k will have about 5 fps spread , anti tamp has been taken out when I had a service , set up and all O rings replaced for the price of £95
    Sorry I just don't see it ,£800 for a new hw100 then spend half of that again on a tune ,when this gun is already one of the best PCP's if not the best sub 12

Yep, each to their own mate, i agree, theyre a great rifle. A huma reg is also part of the package, enabling you to fill to 250 bar. The guys are also working on their own design reg too so may end up being an even better package. Like i say, each to their own. Its not for everyone but its not a bad price when you know everything that goes into it. New internals, titanium tube, huma reg, obviously serviced properly and the reg/hammer set up all balanced perfectly. Just makes a great rifle even better. And totally worth it to me and others. If youre happy with yours then great, its not for everyone, i just want mine to be a little more. I have a new hw100 and it doesnt have a 5fps spread over the whole fill. I doubt any will. Though it is very accurate and a lovely rifle to shoot.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    There isn't much difference in fps spread between my TTR or my btas HW with the ti tube and reg, but the increase in shots on the k model with the extra fill pressure and external reg is noticeable. I can get 90+ shots out of a 220 bar fill, and I'm still slightly fiddling the reg setting.
    However both will castrate at gnat at any range you want them too so long as you put in the leg work and that's all that matters to me.
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF