Thread: Fwb 65

nikonf Guest

Fwb 65

Hi,
    can anyone give me a gestimate! of worth of
    an FWB 65, in its polystyrene box, ser no 145—, 1995 made according to FWB Germany ,last ser no’s were
    146—-
    Sorry am unable to load pics, so I can only say it is in my opinion “mint”? But that is only my opinion!
    has instructions etc ,literature, cloth badge.
    Also has large gun case by Gun Guard, again in “mint “? Cdn, lockable with keys.Brown in colour,
    with a “mottled” ? finish.
    I know pics are desirable, but as said cannot upload!
    Mechanicallly perfect?
    Just a general price guide?
    It comes with the Walnut Anotomical Grips
    Last edited by nikonf; 14-10-2018 at 03:44 PM.

At a guess I would say around £175 I managed to get hold of a boxed mint FWB 80 last week for £185 all depends on the market at the time.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Hi,
    can anyone give me a gestimate! of worth of
    an FWB 65, in its polystyrene box, ser no 145—, 1995 made according to FWB Germany ,last ser no’s were
    146—-
    Sorry am unable to load pics, so I can only say it is in my opinion “mint”? But that is only my opinion!
    has instructions etc ,literature, cloth badge.
    Also has large gun case by Gun Guard, again in “mint “? Cdn, lockable with keys.Brown in colour,
    with a “mottled” ? finish.
    I know pics are desirable, but as said cannot upload!
    Mechanicallly perfect?
    Just a general price guide?
    It comes with the Walnut Anotomical Grips
    I will put a couple of pics on for you, PM me if you want it done.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

You might get a tad more, say £200. I like them. Bit of a bargain at £200 but then it really depends on who wants one. I think they are really worth £265 but then I'm not buying.

It's got to be worth £200, easily! But then I'm biased - I love these pistols and think they are cheap at the price. But as mentioned, it depends on demand at any given time. There were a huge number of these made and a lot are coming on the market. But many are very well used, so a genuinely immaculate example in its original packaging has to be worth a premium.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

With the walnut grips bits mentioned and good condition I think the estimates are a bit low.
    Start at £30o and haggle.

They are such a fine pistol to shoot. A price really can't be put on that. They sold at a high price in their day as they were state of the art.
    £300 for a perfect example isn't robbing anyone. Around £200 for a used but not overly and well looked after isn't bad for either party.
    Trade to buy has to be a tad less to make a profit, the time to find the buyer.

A good few were made. Most are in great condition. How big the market is any day is anyone's guess. At £250 its a cheap way of learning the basics of target match 10m shooting. Anyone with a good sized garage can have themselves a 6m indoor range.
    To me they are a great pistol to enjoy. Loads of people might enjoy one. Whatever the price they are a bargain. For people who want something more agricultural then my other "must have' is a Webley Tempest.
    All great fun.

There were a couple of reasonable condition 65’s at Kempton Park for over £300.
    This price probably included a bit of room to haggle.
    £300 sounds a good price for someone who wants a boxed minter.

Matt.

https://youtu.be/1tyDTwpEDLg

I would agree £300 for a ''Mint'' example, but I would need to see proof of a recent service including all seals given their age to pay that much.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

The great thing about the FWB65 is the incredible build quality. Even tatty looking ones can shoot brilliantly and do so for years to come, with only a few service parts to replace.

I once had one that looked like it hadn't been serviced for decades, if ever, and it could outshoot any pistol I had at the time.

We are fortunate to be around when serious current match pistols are all PCPs, because the FWB spring pistols are being offloaded at prices which are around the same as a new modern plinker - yet the distance between the two in terms of design and materials is enormous; the difference between a bicycle and a Ferrari. Both will get you from A to B but the similarity ends there.

PS I can talk this model up without fear of being accused of being self-serving because I have no plans to sell off my collection any time soon.
    Last edited by Garvin; 15-10-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

nikonf Guest

Fwb 65

Hi,
    Many thanks to all who have contributed to my ad.
    Much appreciated!
    Benelli B76 has said he would host my pics.

The 65 really is in as mint as you can get,imho!
    According to Feinerkbau, I e mailed them and they said it was manufactured in 1995, 145— ser no, last ser nos were
    146— according to FEINWERKBAU, Germany.

Again may thanks to all who have contributed.

Still waiting for pics..
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD