Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite plinking targets

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Thumbs up Thank you Troubledshooter

Thank you for posting the photos for me Troubledshooter i just thought someone may be interested in making one as they are fairly cheap and easy to make and a lot of fun, The red sticks are pieces of dowel but sticks of chalk are good too
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Flies and snails.

2 litre coke bottle filled from the compressor to 100psi.
    Now that certainly wakes up the neighbours.
    If you have a compressor, it's only the cost of a tubeless tyre valve. I stand a metal plate in front with differing size holes depending on what distance I'm shooting from.

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Thumbs up Boom!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    2 litre coke bottle filled from the compressor to 100psi.
    Now that certainly wakes up the neighbours.
    If you have a compressor, it's only the cost of a tubeless tyre valve. I stand a metal plate in front with differing size holes depending on what distance I'm shooting from.
    Yes charub they sure do look like fun there are some videos of people making and shooting at them on youtube that i have seen in the past, Don't think i would have the balls to fill them to 100psi though
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Another one for chalk sticks.

I made a holder by drilling 10x10mm holes in a piece of wood to make a stand, I break the sticks in half and set them up at the end of the garden.

A very satisfying cloud of white dust for every hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Yes charub they sure do look like fun there are some videos of people making and shooting at them on youtube that i have seen in the past, Don't think i would have the balls to fill them to 100psi though
    I cover them with a fire blanket whilst filling, and carry with a pole with a wire loop around the neck.
    Not had one go yet though.

I used to loved shooting at coke bottles (any size) with my young son. keep the caps on, fill it up with water.

1st "The Head Shot" - shoot the cap off

2nd "Make it Wee" - Once the head shot is done, my young son loved shooting the main bottle and watching the water shoot out. Lowering the shot as the weeing stopped, or maybe more than one spout at the sane time

3rd " Sending it to sleep" - knocking the bottle over

Finally when the bottle is on the ground shooting it in turn to make it spin

One thing I forgot to mention is the sound it makes a great loud noise as the pellet strikes, great for annoying the neighbours from hell who despite calling the police and complaining to the council, couldn't do a thing about it.

We have both grown up now and moved on to proper targets.

Shooting on our club indoor 50yrd range - playing cards edge on at 40yrds with my one of a kind homemade target rifle, bench rested on a bean bag. Usually takes me 2-3 shots before I hit and split one but I have been know to hit one 1st shot and also do 3 in a row - All witnessed by other club members.

I do find using JSB Exacts that it’s better to have the playing card cut in half vertically when I put it in the holder I made, full width cards are almost impossible to split right across as the round head pellet gets deflected

I also made a self re-loading chalk stick target with a 10mm hole and a bell behind it - you get a nice puff of chalk dust plus a bell ring as well , nice thing is when you run out of chalk you’ve still got a bell target.

Norm

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Giun FX2000 View Post
    They'll take a lot more than that!

Well,,,,,, this is sort of airgun related:

Small part of my job a long time ago was testing PET pop bottle caps' security. So I know!

Best was when we tried a new recipe for M&S. The trial pop production run was put in the boiler room to make sure it would not ferment. It did! The pressure reached about 120 psi. On the nightshift 'certain people' used to drop the 1 litre bottles down a bit of drain pipe resting on the car park, cap first, and with the 'mortar tube' aimed for the A617 main road.

The sound they made on launching and the general effect is the funniest thing I've ever experienced.

Think I need to get out more....
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

A slightly naughty one a good few years back, on our old farm shoot, out in the middle of a ploughed field - ‘don’t try this at home kids’

Small camping gas cylinder on its side ( the short blue ones ) with a lit blowtorch stood about 3’ in front of it, back off about 50yrds and shot at the dimple in the middle with my FAC Hornet in .22 at 23ftlbs

Very satisfying fireball

Norm