Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hi lads And ladies.

New to the forum heared a lot of people recommend it so had to see what it’s all about.

Currently have a hw97k (welsh willy tuned)

And a hw95k just sent off to Paul short for a stage 3 tune with titanium piston and brass extra set back trigger.

Anyone on here from Swansea or surrounding areas?

Thanks

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi and welcome to the best forum l am sure you will like it on here,

Welcome

WELCOME, there is plenty to learn on this forum lots of opinions lots of views, lots of advice. enjoy
    KEEPING THE FAITH

Hi and a very warm welcome.

You'll enjoy it here. Lots of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people.

Any questions, ask away and feel free to tip in with your own views, tips and experiences.

Lovely couple of rifles you have there. I'm quite partial to the odd Weihrauch myself.

I think there a few members from your neck of the woods and I'm sure some will be along soon to welcome you on board.

Oh, just in case you hadn't heard, there's a very friendly and informal springer event coming up soon. Early April I think it was. You'd love it if you came along.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hello TLWilliams and welcome to the forum.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Welcome to the forum, let us know what you think of Paul's titanium piston. I'm tempted myself
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Welcome aboard, loads of advice to be had in here. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    .....let us know what you think of Paul's titanium piston. I'm tempted myself
    Be interesting to know how light that piston is, Nick. I also wonder what sort of set-up would then be required? The lighter piston will, obviously, give less primary phase recoil and quicker piston acceleration. But the piston will have less momentum, so I wonder if the TP is modded, if the stroke is altered and what sort of spring force / preload will be required?

I think WonkyDonky once started a thread on a 95 tune with reduced weight piston. And did Neil180 have one of Paul's titanium piston tuned 97s?

EDIT......Just had a look at Neil's videos, Nick. Yep, there's one there showing one of Paul's titanium piston kits for a '97. About 80 grams lighter.
    Last edited by TonyL; 26-02-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Neil's videos.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Be interesting to know how light that piston is, Nick. I also wonder what sort of set-up would then be required? The lighter piston will, obviously, give less primary phase recoil and quicker piston acceleration. But the piston will have less momentum, so I wonder if the TP is modded, if the stroke is altered and what sort of spring force / preload will be required?

I think WonkyDonky once started a thread on a 95 tune with reduced weight piston. And did Neil180 have one of Paul's titanium piston tuned 97s?

EDIT......Just had a look at Neil's videos, Nick. Yep, there's one there showing one of Paul's titanium piston kits for a '97. About 80 grams lighter.
    Loosing too much weight means other things start to be effected, but it's easier to add weight to a light piston than remove weight from a heavy one. I know Paul did sell a delrin piston at one point, but I think the ultra lght weight became detrimental in effect.
    The long stroking/reduced diameter movement seems to be coming to an end with most kits being taken out as they induce hold sensitivity, so the next "new thing" needs investigating.

As an aside, I've just this minute done a deal in sales on a lovely walnut Prosport in .22, so all kinds of shenanigans will be occuring there.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thanks lads.

Ye I have seen the springer bash problem I have is I can’t drive anymore as I have aeiUres. If I. An find someone local to car share with I will deffo be there.

An someone help me please, I don’t know how to find a threat other than go in to my emails and click on the link 😂.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlwilliams View Post
    Thanks lads.

Ye I have seen the springer bash problem I have is I can’t drive anymore as I have aeiUres. If I. An find someone local to car share with I will deffo be there.

An someone help me please, I don’t know how to find a threat other than go in to my emails and click on the link 😂.

Thanks
    Sorry to hear of your condition. It'd be nice if you could get a lift to Quigley Hollow. A great time amongst friendly, like-minded people awaits if you could make it.

Re searching for threads on various topics (assuming that is what you mean), if you have a look at the top of the page and you'll see "Advanced Search". Type your required topic / key words in and that'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Loosing too much weight means other things start to be effected, but it's easier to add weight to a light piston than remove weight from a heavy one. I know Paul did sell a delrin piston at one point, but I think the ultra lght weight became detrimental in effect.
    The long stroking/reduced diameter movement seems to be coming to an end with most kits being taken out as they induce hold sensitivity, so the next "new thing" needs investigating.

As an aside, I've just this minute done a deal in sales on a lovely walnut Prosport in .22, so all kinds of shenanigans will be occuring there.
    A Prosport eh? Lovely. Enjoy, sir!

Welcome to the forum TL, you need warning about TonyL and fellow springer lovers
    , they trying to take over the airgun world ,only joking its a wide selection of shooters on here
    a great bunch . enjoy your stay.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Welcome to the forum TL, you need warning about TonyL and fellow springer lovers
    , they trying to take over the airgun world ,only joking its a wide selection of shooters on here
    atb brian
    Hee hee hee!

Today, Quigley Hollow.

Tomorrow...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    atb brian
    Haha top man cheers buddy