I recently acquired my first side lever air rifle. It is a nice little Webley Tracker .22 in a unchecked walnut stock.

The rifle is in lovely condition. I would just like to know more about it. I know they are the shorter version of the Viscount (until webley got rid of the viscount name and started making long barreled Trackers). And the serial number is 15821.

Any idea on the age?

The only thing I dont like is the safety. I dont know if this is a common problem but when I first got it I had it outside and decided to see how the safety works (the only other air rifle with a safety I own is a park rh93 which has an auto safety feature). I cocked it then made sure the safety was on. IT worked and the trigger did not move, I then put the safety off and tried to fire and nothing happened. In the end I had to remove the action from the stock and tap the anti bear trap mechanism with the rubber handle of a screw driver to get it to shoot (after removing the pellet of course), still not a pleasant experience :/ (Weird thing is, that the same thing happened with my parks today, did the same thing as with the tracker, all good now but by heck)

Overall I really like the gun and plan on keeping it for some time (I have a period Nikko Stirling Silver Crown on the way for it). So any info would be great. I just got to remember not to use the safety