Thread: Rekord Trigger - Luke Jolly

Rekord Trigger - Luke Jolly

Hello all.
    I am a Long time listener, first time caller so as to speak!
    After reading a fair few posts regarding fettling the rekord trigger, I decided to take up advice about having the trigger done 'properly' (as opposed to what I could have achieved) Now, I had already fitted an extra set back trigger and made slight adjustment to the sears from the factory setting when I was running my Hw98 in, but it still had a fair bit of creep and it could on occasion still take me by surprise. Remember polishng the sears on my old BSA Superstar MK2k back in the 90's with good results, but thought I'd take the plunge and have the work done my a more skilled technician.
    Considered SFS etc, but settled on contacting Mr Jolly, who responded quickly, kept me up-to-date, sent pictures and after a couple of weeks (I did tell him up front I was in no rush) the trigger unit was back on Saturday morning. Even out of the well packed envelope, I was shocked by the difference and I was itching to try it in the rifle. I knew there was going to be a difference, and I think it is fair to say I was skeptical about how just how much of a difference it would make. Shot it yesterday. It is simply sublime. No more 'creepy, creepy, creepy, bang! It now seems frighteningly psychic!

Anyways, I always enjoy reading the posts and the wealth and depth of knowledge on here is breathtaking - keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by blaksox99 View Post
    Hello all.
    I am a Long time listener, first time caller so as to speak!
    After reading a fair few posts regarding fettling the rekord trigger, I decided to take up advice about having the trigger done 'properly' (as opposed to what I could have achieved) Now, I had already fitted an extra set back trigger and made slight adjustment to the sears from the factory setting when I was running my Hw98 in, but it still had a fair bit of creep and it could on occasion still take me by surprise. Remember polishng the sears on my old BSA Superstar MK2k back in the 90's with good results, but thought I'd take the plunge and have the work done my a more skilled technician.
    Considered SFS etc, but settled on contacting Mr Jolly, who responded quickly, kept me up-to-date, sent pictures and after a couple of weeks (I did tell him up front I was in no rush) the trigger unit was back on Saturday morning. Even out of the well packed envelope, I was shocked by the difference and I was itching to try it in the rifle. I knew there was going to be a difference, and I think it is fair to say I was skeptical about how just how much of a difference it would make. Shot it yesterday. It is simply sublime. No more 'creepy, creepy, creepy, bang! It now seems frighteningly psychic!

Anyways, I always enjoy reading the posts and the wealth and depth of knowledge on here is breathtaking - keep up the good work.
    He's a quiet chap who knows what he's doing.....did you get the pivot point moved too?
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    He's a quiet chap who knows what he's doing.....did you get the pivot point moved too?
    Yes, the pivot point moved - Really improves the extra set back trigger control and reach!

Yes, the pivot point moved - Really improves the extra set back trigger control and reach!
    That sounds interesting any chance you could post a pic?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Thumbs up

I tried one at one of last years bashes....very nice

Mine is done like Luke's as well and I think it's one of the best mods you can do. So precise and smooth.

What does he do??
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    What does he do??
    Matches and polishes all the components adds a setback trigger with a revised trigger pin hole