Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Chronograph?....

I’m happy with the Caldwell I have. An ‘app’ gives good data download interface - but doesn’t work with a 30yd data lead!. Have bought the Caldwell lights for it and it works in all conditions.

+1 for the LMBR RA2 works everywhere. An excellent piece of kit. As recommended by Giles (yes, that one.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCRD4y7DjsA

Quote Originally Posted by Halesowen Kid View Post
    Hi Guys,

I apologise if the question has already been asked on this forum.

I'm thinking of buying a Chronograph for my 12ft/lb air rifles and I would appreciate if you can recommend to me a make and model.

The type I'm looking for is a free standing one, (not the type you place on the end of the barrel) that records and displays the shot information.

Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Mike
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    I don’t have one, but if I was to buy a new chrono it would be a SKAN
    The SKAN is as good as it gets from my perspective...and a great service and quick turn a round for any repair works....Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Again I can only comment on the pro-chrono, the internal memory can hold 9 strings of 99 shots each, You can then download them when you get home, or you can have a laptop connected while you shoot & download in real time.
    I have no idea what memory, if any, others have.
    I had a wee look at the skan, unfortunately it only goes to 40 odd grain.. I will be using mine for load develop on .44 and .357 as well as my airguns. Do you know if the prochrono works for large caliber firearms? I had one that was shot and I failed to repair it.. I don't it to Mick at the bash last year, I've no idea if he got it working or not.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I had a wee look at the skan, unfortunately it only goes to 40 odd grain.. I will be using mine for load develop on .44 and .357 as well as my airguns. Do you know if the prochrono works for large caliber firearms? I had one that was shot and I failed to repair it.. I don't it to Mick at the bash last year, I've no idea if he got it working or not.

Hi Donald,

As it goes I was just watching this YouTube.com post about the Skan Pro 1 Series 3 Diamond Chronograph and at about 3mins 50secs in to the review states that the unit can be calibrated up to 49.99 grains. Link below....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgkCN7_9H5Y

Mike

Hi,

I've got the Caldwell.

You can buy the chronograph on it's own or as part of a deluxe kit, which includes a tripod, lighting kit and cable to connect to your phone.

I've used it for everything from air rifles to .44mag.

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Halesowen Kid View Post
    Hi Donald,

As it goes I was just watching this YouTube.com post about the Skan Pro 1 Series 3 Diamond Chronograph and at about 3mins 50secs in to the review states that the unit can be calibrated up to 49.99 grains. Link below....

Hi HK, unfortunately I'm going To be going up to about 240gn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgkCN7_9H5Y

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    Hi,

I've got the Caldwell.

You can buy the chronograph on it's own or as part of a deluxe kit, which includes a tripod, lighting kit and cable to connect to your phone.

I've used it for everything from air rifles to .44mag.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Cheers Mark, I'll have a look at the Caldwell later. D
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Yes it does, anything from 21-7000fps, & you can program in any weight of projectile.

[QUOTE=angrybear;7580541]
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post

Really, I've only ever had one issue in the 8 years I've had mine & that was with low afternoon sun from the side.
    Yes really.

We bought them because the BFTA used them. We ran them through our winter league and on the majority of shoots with anything with an overcast sky they refused to register a shot. Changed batteries, put them in better light, the lot. We start at 10am so it was hardly dark.

In the end we went with the Polish R2 Chrono which doesn't rely on daylight and has it's own IR and we've not had an issue since. The BFTA also stopped using Pro-Chronos.

that's a tricky one for me

HI All, that's a tricky one for me , i have owned a really good skan chrono for years now ,so i chrono my gun now took it to a shop who also has a really good skan chrono it gave a differant reading, my mate has a new combo and it gave a differant reading ,so i went down to a friend who has just got a new caldwell ,and they all give you a differant reading ,so take your pick which one , i have my own theory on this lighting heate and position of gun when shooting, Also anyone who has a chrono get them checked with a few differant ones and i think you will be shocked. nearly forgot to say i used a daystate mk4 177cal i suply the pellets jsb exacts , atb bob.