Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Chronograph?....

Which Chronograph?....

Hi Guys,

I apologise if the question has already been asked on this forum.

I'm thinking of buying a Chronograph for my 12ft/lb air rifles and I would appreciate if you can recommend to me a make and model.

The type I'm looking for is a free standing one, (not the type you place on the end of the barrel) that records and displays the shot information.

Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Mike

I use an F1, it's been reliable for the last 8 years.

I would advise fitting a set of battery (or mains for indoor work) led lights on the diffusers as this eliminates any potential lighting problems .

I've just bought an LMBR R2A - seen one or two of these about and seem well received.

I don’t have one, but if I was to buy a new chrono it would be a SKAN

Chrono

Had Skans for as long as I can remember, excellent piece of kit.

What chrono make is compatible with an Apple iPhone, iPad or MacBook as I'm only reading compatibility with Windows....

Your replies are very helpful, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halesowen Kid View Post
    What chrono make is compatible with an Apple iPhone, iPad or MacBook as I'm only reading compatibility with Windows....

Your replies are very helpful, thank you.
    Pro chrono Digital ?
    I used to recommend them on all these threads but recently contacted the maker & was told they now cannot be exported/sold within the EU as they refuse to submit them for EU approval due to cost.

If you can get hold of one (some bay sellers will send them) they are superb.

[QUOTE=angrybear;7580138]Pro chrono Digital ?
    I used to recommend them on all these threads but recently contacted the maker & was told they now cannot be exported/sold within the EU as they refuse to submit them for EU approval due to cost.

If you can get hold of one (some bay sellers will send them) they are superb.[/QUOTE
    pretty sure you can get them from optics warehouse

[QUOTE=badgerginger;7580268]
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Pro chrono Digital ?

If you can get hold of one (some bay sellers will send them) they are superb.[/QUOTE
    pretty sure you can get them from optics warehouse
    TBH it wouldn't surprise me, I've seen them in a few places,
    but I've got email from competition electronics stating they are not allowed to be sold in Europe & refusing to either sell me an interface set or even give access to the download so I got an interface off the bay.

Damn good chrono though.

I'd like to hijack my own question in here and ask which has the best software in regards of data output. I dont want to have to import all my readings into chairgun if I dont have to.
    I'd like to be able to save all my data onto my phone at the club and transfer it into the laptop later with ease
    Donald

[QUOTE=angrybear;7580314]
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerginger View Post

TBH it wouldn't surprise me, I've seen them in a few places,
    but I've got email from competition electronics stating they are not allowed to be sold in Europe & refusing to either sell me an interface set or even give access to the download so I got an interface off the bay.

Damn good chrono though.
    Doesn't work outdoors in all daylight. That's the reason we dropped them as the regional chrono for CSFTA.

Another vote for the Skan, been using one for years and years. Solid, reliable, self testing and not susceptible to differing light conditions.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

g.l.w is offline The north west's very own Hilda Ogden.
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    Another vote for the Skan, been using one for years and years. Solid, reliable, self testing and not susceptible to differing light conditions.

Neil
    plus 1 for this ^^^
    Air Arms HFT 500.... Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32

[QUOTE=RobF;7580459]
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

Doesn't work outdoors in all daylight. That's the reason we dropped them as the regional chrono for CSFTA.
    Really, I've only ever had one issue in the 8 years I've had mine & that was with low afternoon sun from the side.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I'd like to hijack my own question in here and ask which has the best software in regards of data output. I dont want to have to import all my readings into chairgun if I dont have to.
    I'd like to be able to save all my data onto my phone at the club and transfer it into the laptop later with ease
    Again I can only comment on the pro-chrono, the internal memory can hold 9 strings of 99 shots each, You can then download them when you get home, or you can have a laptop connected while you shoot & download in real time.
    I have no idea what memory, if any, others have.