Thread: Chinese "Arrow" air rifle

Chinese "Arrow" air rifle

Does anyone know the history of these. Got one today in .177 calibre, well made, better finish than the B2 and has no barrel lock. Has metal screw on end cap like the old Diana 27.
    This one was doing 0 fps.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

It looks like the same markings on a B1 I had a while back.

Chinese Arrow

I believe Dennis Commins included this in a brief "Airgun Guide" published in Guns Review @1974-5 ish, but I cannot remember the detail.

Eddie Barber wrote in the Airgun World Special guide to modern airguns: "This is a full size & powerfull rifle being very robust and having sling swivel's fitted but no scope rail. It showed a me of 10.2 ft lbs on test". The importer was listed as David Nickerson & rrp was £19.95.

An outfit called "Mamelaw Engineering" in Harrow Rd NW10 also advertised the Arrow @1977-78 or thereabouts. I would guess it may have been imported possible as a low cost "container filler" but that's just my guess.

The Arrow is loosely based on the Diana M 27 ( as most bb airguns seem to be), and as you rightly say is well constructed and capable (when tuned) of @12 ft lbs ME, and with very acceptable accuracy. I bought one a gift for a friend sometime in the late 70's, and with a little tuning it became a very effective pest rifle, this early Arrow had no breach lock, but did I believe later become the B 2, which I think are generally branded as Westlake in the UK.
    The stock design was strongly reminisent of the Chinese T38 Arisaka and early model SKS, and very comfortable in use.

Hope this helps
    H