Thread: HW30K Advice Please?

HW30K Advice Please?

Hi All,

I can't find a HW30K to view locally, so I'm unsure of a couple of details.

The 30K doesn't have open sights, but I don't know whether the breech block is drilled and tapped to accept an iron rear sight, or is it undrilled like the HW80K, HW90K etc models?

The 30K has some kind of muzzle break attached, but I don't know whether it's attached via 1/2" UNF screw thread, or grub screw, or permanently fixed?

I'm considering customising this rifle and these are key factors, so advice will be gratefully received before I commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    Hi All,

I can't find a HW30K to view locally, so I'm unsure of a couple of details.

The 30K doesn't have open sights, but I don't know whether the breech block is drilled and tapped to accept an iron rear sight, or is it undrilled like the HW80K, HW90K etc models?

The 30K has some kind of muzzle break attached, but I don't know whether it's attached via 1/2" UNF screw thread, or grub screw, or permanently fixed?

I'm considering customising this rifle and these are key factors, so advice will be gratefully received before I commit.
    I have, cough! cough! a couple of these . No opens as you say and the breech block is not drilled in any way, it's plain like the 95K.

The barrel weight, it's not a moderator or muzzle brake as I can see, is held in place by a small grubscrew underneath. There "may" be some form of fixative in addition but I have not attempted the remove the weight at any time so cannot be sure.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Portzy, that's a great help.

Is anyone aware of a moderator that will fit the HW30K in place of the barrel weight?

Is anyone aware of a moderator that will fit the HW30K in place of the barrel weight?

I just located a 15mm to 1/2" UNF adaptor, so sorted!

Webley Prosystem will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Webley Prosystem will do it.
    I did consider the Webley, but it looks a bit clunky.