Thread: Benjamin Franklin 347 Lead Seals ?

Benjamin Franklin 347 Lead Seals ?

Looking for some lead seals for my Older version 347 also any other odd seals for this version.Including the button inlet seal.
    It came with a white plastic button inlet seal seems too hard as a seal but am assured it’s the replacement.
    Last edited by series2a; 17-10-2018 at 03:39 PM.

series, see nobody has replied to you. As far as I know you do not have to replace the lead seals, and the white seal is normally nylon 6 in most pumpers, and is quite hard. The small round polyurethane seal can be replaced on the valve stem.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 18-10-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I used O rings instead of lead seals in the last Sheridan I resealed --- so far so good.

All the best Mick

Thanks

I replaced the old button inlet seal for the nylon one in the kit,Had to machine down the stem seal to fit inside the spring,replaced the short spring for kit one,Re used the lead seal,and used an O ring behind the retaining nut,Then made sure it was all well tightened down with the square tool provided in seal kit.
    Pumps ok and shoots ok,I also replaced the pump head seal,but I think the Rod Is shorter than original as it can be pumped for ages before the valve is pressurised.Also it’s non adjustable,which lets me think it maybe aftermarket.May have to get a replacement from MAC1 next year from USA.

I use an o ring in place of the lead seal as used in the co2 version of the valve
    I machine a delrin seal for between the exhaust body and the retainer if I need one but tbh I find you don't need one
    for the in let I make a new non return that takes a flat seal as per the early sheridans if I have no benjy ones
    if you want lead seals I think Rick at precision pellets in the US was having them made

I think the lead is just a shock absorber I never replace it on my sheridan rifles

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    I think the lead is just a shock absorber I never replace it on my sheridan rifles
    Yes, I don't think they perform any sealing purpose.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

the first one seals the exhaust body to the valve and the second one between the nut and exhaust body does seal to a degree the slight pressure loss when fired but for the UK the pressure loss is of no consequence