Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is professional tuning worth it?

It's very impressive but other than bragging rights it won't offer any real world advantage for most people
    Maybe that sums up the upper echelons of tuning in general?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

I got a brand new hw97 and fitted new guides top hat etc de burr polished short stroked and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I then got a Paul short stage 3 tuned hw97 with titanium piston etc and the difference is massive and I would definitely say it is worth it. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t get the work done just came across the gun but I can now appreciate the work that has been done compared to my original gun. End of the day both guns are better than out the box in terms of smoothness and recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaneverz View Post
    ... and the difference is massive ...
    See ... that's the sort of comment that gets springer shooters rushing out to get their rifle tuned that way.

I'm never knocking the work that the pro tuners do. I think I judge a rifle on it's ability to shoot accurately at the distances that I need it to. For me, it is a tool that is used to put pellets where I want them to go.

So this has always been my view on the mega tunes ... If I have a springer that is cocking and shooting smoothly with no spring noise or other mechanical noises, and it's putting pellets say inside 18mm (5p) at 45 yards and my best PCP isn't doing much better, then I don't see how further tuning can make a 'massive' difference.

So we must be down to people referring to shot cycle or maybe hold sensitivity.

I have often asked for examples of accuracy tests that show groups considerably improved after a mega tune. Most will say that it's this magic phrase 'Hold Sensitivity' that is improved.

So has anyone actually done any tests regarding 'Hold Sensitivity'? How would we actually do that?

Maybe this is worthy of another thread.