Thread: Optisan EVX 3-12x44i opinions? anyone have/had this exact model and used nv with it?

Optisan EVX 3-12x44i opinions? anyone have/had this exact model and used nv with it?

Hi, has anyone had or is currently using a night vision add on with an Optisan EVX 3-12x44i , if so how did it perform? , any problems using with nv and at magnification ? ive looked into the scope and feedback looked great until someone then mentioned that it wasnt good with nv at higher mag ? i then messaged a few current/previous owners on groups and one said anything above x5 mag on this model scope started to lose quality and didnt focus well and suffered blurring. another said he'd had problems and had to send multiple back, so i obviously have doubt about getting it now until i can verify with other users/owners of the scope as to how it performs?. i understand these could have just been a few bad ones , or is it that they generally aint all that good across the board?.

i would be intending on using the wg760/addonsite/NV007 multiple name nv addon with the scope.
    i'd normally shoot on x10 , could go down to x9 x8 x6 etc , but feel such a priced scope should be able to handle relatively normal nv use magnification.
    my usual quarry distance is 15-40 yds and i would very rarely once in a blue moon have the need to shoot anthing at 50yd or more.
    though for a not so cheap scope , the ability to do so at further distance and clearly should be there?.

so thought id ask a larger audience on here just to see some other opinions and hopefully someone or a few with first hands on experience with this scope could let know its useability and boundaries.
    Regards Daniel.

Hi Danny i have not used this model with NV ,but have a lot
    of experience of using MTC mamba & mamba lite scopes
    with my nite site NV and find these scopes to be among the best with nV
    there are plenty around 2nd hand.
    atb brian

I use this exact scope and I use a wdv700 add on I have no issues at all with my scope, have head shot rabbits with ease past 40yds.
    I use it on 3x mag for spotting then zoom in with no issues at all.

Mark.

Hi Brian thanks for your reply and info , yeh i'm aware how good the mamba's are , well the older ones anyway. not sure if the new mamba's are anygood and on par with the older models and good with nv add on?
    I don't want to go too big a scope , though i do like some mag there when i need it, i sometimes like long range plinking etc and also higher mag helps when zeroing and pellet testing etc , i also like the ret on the evx as it's a bit different , i suppose thats whats drawn me to it first and foremost , though obviously quality is paramount.
    it'll be going on my leshiy , i think i can just about get away with 44 diam scope with the high mounts i use, i have a Tac 30 8.5-25x42 on it at the moment , well just because i can haha , it's obviously not ideally suited and will look like a ballistic missile mounted on my leshiy if i were to add a rear nv add on into the equation, i've got a small 3-9x32 bugbuster also , but its the ez tap illuminated ret model so the rear eyepiece are has the buttons mounted on it so cant fit the nv add on coller to the rear shaft , and again as i said id like a bit more mag , i suppose theres many options out there , i just fancied the evx.
    Regards Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    I use this exact scope and I use a wdv700 add on I have no issues at all with my scope, have head shot rabbits with ease past 40yds.
    I use it on 3x mag for spotting then zoom in with no issues at all.

Mark.
    Hi Mark , cheers for your reply and info , ohh now that sounds ok and maybe im back on track , now i've not used the rear add on i intend on using , i have friends who use them and know they are good , but obviously i dont know what it would look like using in conjunction with the evx , i'm also told the actual rear add on adds a bit of mag , so im wondering if you'd maybe have any idea what mag i could go upto while using it with nv add on? i know you said you use it on 3x for spotting and then zoom in , but zoom in how much? are we talking 5-6x 7-8x or 10x etc?
    don't suppose you have any viewable recorded footage anywhere that i could see what the scope like with nv ,recorded at such as such distance on such as such mag?
    Regards Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Town View Post
    Hi Mark , cheers for your reply and info , ohh now that sounds ok and maybe im back on track , now i've not used the rear add on i intend on using , i have friends who use them and know they are good , but obviously i dont know what it would look like using in conjunction with the evx , i'm also told the actual rear add on adds a bit of mag , so im wondering if you'd maybe have any idea what mag i could go upto while using it with nv add on? i know you said you use it on 3x for spotting and then zoom in , but zoom in how much? are we talking 5-6x 7-8x or 10x etc?
    don't suppose you have any viewable recorded footage anywhere that i could see what the scope like with nv ,recorded at such as such distance on such as such mag?
    Regards Daniel.
    I don't have any footage sorry, and I can go to the max 12x zoom.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    I don't have any footage sorry, and I can go to the max 12x zoom.

Mark
    Thank's Mark , you've been very helpful with your information.
    that may have just swung it for me and i think i may just go for it , not going to know for sure until i try.
    with them being price dropped by £110 and now available for £199.99 , then if they are as good as a few others and yourself have stated then they are a bargain at that price
    i won't be ordering until next week anyway so if anyone else comes up with any difference in opinion while i'm waiting it may change my mind ,
    but i hope not
    Regards Daniel.