Thread: Webley & Scott Vulcan Special Edition?.

Webley & Scott Vulcan Special Edition?.

Hi,
    I’ve recently acquired a Vulcan, serial number 900377. It has hand chequered walnut stock,white butt spacer, gold trigger and safety. It has the original open sights but it’s missing the front blade shroud. I think it was probably removed when the scope was fitted.
    It’s in fine condition, I’d say 8.5 to 9 out of 10.
    It came fitted with a Simmons 3-9 x 40 glossy scope and one piece mount, both also in same condition.
    I’ve read the recent post by Gareth and I’m pretty sure it’s a Special edition, but would just like someone with more knowledge to say yay or nay.
    I’d put some images up, but I’m a bit “non digital”. It’s taken me about 20 minutes to type this!.
    Thanks, in anticipation,
    Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsph View Post
    Hi,
    I’ve recently acquired a Vulcan, serial number 900377. It has hand chequered walnut stock,white butt spacer, gold trigger and safety. It has the original open sights but it’s missing the front blade shroud. I think it was probably removed when the scope was fitted.
    It came fitted with a Simmons 3-9 x 40 glossy scope and one piece mount, both also in same condition.
    I’ve read the recent post by Gareth and I’m pretty sure it’s a Special edition, but would just like someone with more knowledge to say yay or nay.
    I’d put some images up, but I’m a bit “non digital”. It’s taken me about 20 minutes to type this!.
    Thanks, in anticipation,
    Simon.
    Sounds to me exactly like a very early 80s Series 1 Special Edition/Special Export/SE/Special/Custom (the same thing appears to have had a number of names!). A pretty tasty item. Good catch.

On closer inspection I will revise my opinion to 8 out of 10.
    There are some small scratches to the underside of the barrel and on the stock. It shoots nice , with no twang.
    If someone would post some images for me, I will send you some. Maybe some folk would give their opinion, that would be grand.
    Thanks,
    Simon

Vulcan

I've got one of these in my collection. The Serial Number is the main identifier. There were apparently only 110 of these made, all with numbers starting with number 9.They were still marked "Webley Vulcan", so the SN plus other special features were needed for identification purposes. This data is taken from "Webley Air Rifles" by Chris Thrale.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

The MK1 SE should have the shorter fore sight fitting & the large Webley font on the cylinder.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by simonsph View Post

Hi,
    Thanks, in anticipation,
    Simon.
    Hi Simon. Yes, you have there one of the 110 Webley & Scott Vulcan Special Edition air rifles: nice one.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for the input gents.
    ATVB,
    Simon.

Good catch, Gareth have you put your SE to use or, are you keeping it in the box ? All good either way.

Cheers.