Thread: AA S200 .22 air problem

AA S200 .22 air problem

Good afternoon to everyone,
    I hope you are all ok? NOW I have an airarms s200 .22 Its the one with the one piece stock I put it over the chrony this morning and found a reading of 443.4 fps, I was only able to try one shot as the neighbours came into there Garden so thought best to stop
    when I filled it a few days ago there is a chance it did not fill properly seem to be a lot off hissing of air, I filled the reservoir again this morning seemed alot better filling so will try again this evening over Chrony, If it is still low anyone enlighten me where problem might lie and is it fixable without having to send away as some of the parcels I am getting here are badly knocked about and obviously dont want the rifle damaged on its journey. Thanks in advance.

What was the reading on the bottle gauge..??
    Could it have been overfilled..??.#r not filled fully..??
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like you may have a leak from the cylinder somewhere if it isnt holding air.
    Unscrew the cylinder off of the gun, fill it up fully and slowly.
    Apply some soapy water to the valve filter and around the base of the valve where it meets the cylinder. if theres bubbles appearing theres your leak. if not apply soapy water to the knock off valve at the other end of the cylinder.
    Also check that the two o rings on the filling valve on the cylinder do not have chunks taken off of them, this will cause leaking when filling and you will feel and hear this leakage more if you are using a dive cylinder.

air problem

Thankyou for your speedy replies, I have in the mean time cleaned valve then went through fill procedure up to 190 bar on dive cylinder was able to chrono again reading was 10.54ft.lb does that seem about right for this rifle for despatching Bunnies?

S200 .22

Yes, the power will rise and fall over the shot range.
    Do a 40 shot chrono test on it then you will know exactly
    what the gun can do.
    My guess is 10 shots in and it will be 11+ with 35 good
    shots left before it starts to drop.
    Mine is .177 and regged so i get more shots but still fill to 190bar..
    Had the std .22 before.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

it will dispatch bunnys bud

s200

Thankyou both for you replies are thes rifle,s easy enought o strip down and thoroughly clean and service?

chrono

Will try a chrono test tonight when neighbours safely tucked up indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard c. View Post
    Thankyou both for you replies are thes rifle,s easy enought o strip down and thoroughly clean and service?
    This i dont know as i have never had to strip one down.
    Mine was bought with the Lane reg and Gauge/Quickfill already fitted and set up.
    I have read the cylinder ends can be very tight and a tool is availiable to aid removal.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    Everything apart from the cylinder is easy to strip and service, unfortunately the valve lives in the cylinder.

Unless you have the correct tools I wouldn't recommend trying to open the cylinder at all, it will just cause heartache and headache oh and arm ache!

So really, the answer to servicing it, is no.

Also, there is a ball bearing and spring under the little screw at the top of the action, if you remove the bolt, be careful you don't lose these.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Cylinder, not a problem, as long as you have the right tools, special tool for the end caps, padded vice, 24" stilsons and a bloody great club hammer and you'll be fine

servicing s200

Thanks for advice will just take it apart as per some instructions i have found probably came with rifle just to give clean to parts that are easy to access.