Thread: HW35, a few questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    A TbT kit should be a proper investment.
    I'd go for the maxi-kit as this includes an original spring with properly fitting guides. Talk to the owner/seller to have the spring shortened to the a/m power range. Or shorten yourself.

Piston seal is also available there.

Keeping a leather piston seal piston and switching to a todays seal needs an adapter availabe as far as I know from Chambers or Knibbs.

Disassembly, proper clean and degrease, debur and polish and a final regrease with TbT's grease included in the kit shouldn't take too long and would most certainly result in a very nice shooting gun.

Top cream would be a trigger tune (sears polish and proper regrease).

Hope this helps.
    Happy shooting.

Andy from Austria
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for all the info. The Chambers site looks very interesting for spares and upgrades.

From memory the ser. no. starts 66XXXX and the rifle has a single sided safety. Interestingly the piston sear lever on our rifle is made of 3 plates. As I get more confident I may look to polish the trigger. It looks like a 3000 wheatstone might be on order.

I was looking at the TbT kit but was a little hesitant as I noted that the spring would need adjusting.

Is it a case of cut and heat the spring to bend it back to a flat bottom and a grind and polish to finish if i were doing the work myself?

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk