Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
Yes, though depending upon the magnification you use (it's worse at the lower magnification) you will get an out of focus 'ghost' of the front sight in you field of view. TBH, I usually shoot mine at x9 mag, so don't see any problems.

The fact your rifle is shooting so high, before you buy a new scope and mounts, run a straight edge from the cylinder body along the barrel, as it sounds like the trigger may have been pulled before the barrel was secure after cocking. If it's out of alignment, you may have to true it up (this can involve a set of soft jaws, and a length of pipe, or a mallet)
Regarding the 10" shooting high.

Looking at the scope, it appears that it might have taken a bit of a hit and is bent down towards the barrel. The old man says it was accurate before as he used to hit matches on the back wall of the yard with pellets.

I'm going to see what fits and by the sound of things a VANTAGE 3-9×40 AO might be making its way on the rifle.

I've also contacted TbT and enquired about a drop in kit. I'm also going to contact my local club and see if i can use a chronograph to get it all set up right. The local shop wont give me the gun back if its overpower. legally they can't they say.

So much for not spending any money on it. This is going the same way as skiing and kit cars. I must stop looking at the classifieds.