Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: HW35, a few questions

I'm sure this thread will do 35 sales no harm at all.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftgewehr100 View Post

Perhaps this helps :-)

Eselt - schedule listing
    OMG. That is BEAUTIFUL. Now I want a walnut one to go with my Vixen prototype, so yep, as Drew451 says in the post above, this thread sure is going to generate some serious HW35 sales.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No problem, Craig, and you're well placed to get the custom length TX latchrod made.
    After precise measurement of a HW35 piston with my trusty tape measure, it appears that there's no need for a custom latchrod, Craig --- a standard MK3 TX latchrod is bob on.

Cough VVVVVVVVVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by Luftgewehr100 View Post
    Perhaps this helps :-)

Eselt - schedule listing
    Now, that is beautiful.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

After precise measurement of a HW35 piston with my trusty tape measure, it appears that there's no need for a custom latchrod, Craig --- a standard MK3 TX latchrod is bob on.

Cough VVVVVVVVVVVV
    Lovely, I’ll see what I can ‘find’, Mick
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Anyway the story of my O ringed 35 is on here :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....10#post2931510

All the best Mick
    Again, thank you for the link, Mick.

BUT......although mega-interesting, as usual, I think this may be the wrong link, going into TP sizes and the void issues.

Seem to remember you doing a much later thread on the 'O' ring?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Lovely, I’ll see what I can ‘find’, Mick
    Mmmmm........I wonder where, young Craigy!

35 Session

I spent about 2hrs with my 35e this afternoon. 15m with open sights. Started well using the very fine sight element, and with the rear sight at max elevation (adjustment screw removed). Things quicky went awry, despite me feeling well in the zone. Tried a rested position, other pellets, put the scope back on but to no avail.
    Paused for a time and then came to my senses. Gave the action a wee tug and felt it loose in the stock. Tightened front underside screw half a turn and tried again. Absolutey back on it. Relief. And very satisfying.
    Despite the rifle emitting no visible smoke now, some remains within the barrel after each shot. Its as settled as it ever will be. And the safety has suddenly started working. Being critical, the reach to the trigger is slightly too long for me. Recoil is mild but there is more muzzle flip than i expected, surprising considering the 22 inch barrel. But theres no faulting its accuracy.
    I find myself considering buying a new 35e.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I spent about 2hrs with my 35e this afternoon. 15m with open sights. Started well using the very fine sight element, and with the rear sight at max elevation (adjustment screw removed). Things quicky went awry, despite me feeling well in the zone. Tried a rested position, other pellets, put the scope back on but to no avail.
    Paused for a time and then came to my senses. Gave the action a wee tug and felt it loose in the stock. Tightened front underside screw half a turn and tried again. Absolutey back on it. Relief. And very satisfying.
    Despite the rifle emitting no visible smoke now, some remains within the barrel after each shot. Its as settled as it ever will be. And the safety has suddenly started working. Being critical, the reach to the trigger is slightly too long for me. Recoil is mild but there is more muzzle flip than i expected, surprising considering the 22 inch barrel. But theres no faulting its accuracy.
    I find myself considering buying a new 35e.
    A nice write up there. When you think of what was being offered by blighty in comparison back in the day there really isn't much comparison on build quality and power v accuracy grounds. It still punches above its weight all these years later.
    Glad you got to bottom of the blip in accuracy. I've recently experienced a similar blip with my 50T01 I'm trying to fathom. I will get there...
    My.limited shooting with mine gave me the impression of mild manners but I guess it can change between each gun.
    I know that the 35e is still in production. But here's a question. Does the current model have the air of quality n pedigree of the older model? I think I've read the current gun now has a more traditional 19 inch barrel? Not that the 22 inch barrel particularly gave any technical advantage as far as I can see, but I do believe it was part n parcel of the marque and set it apart from others and I think the current gun is missing something by dropping this feature...
    Dave

The nickel finished HW35 Export I bought last year came with a 19" barrel. Even Ive got to admit Im not a lover of the 22" version. Yes, it is in keeping with its classic image but its been proven to be of no benefit. Quite the opposite.

https://imgur.com/INzPmmN
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    A nice write up there. When you think of what was being offered by blighty in comparison back in the day there really isn't much comparison on build quality and power v accuracy grounds. It still punches above its weight all these years later.
    Glad you got to bottom of the blip in accuracy. I've recently experienced a similar blip with my 50T01 I'm trying to fathom. I will get there...
    My.limited shooting with mine gave me the impression of mild manners but I guess it can change between each gun.
    I know that the 35e is still in production. But here's a question. Does the current model have the air of quality n pedigree of the older model? I think I've read the current gun now has a more traditional 19 inch barrel? Not that the 22 inch barrel particularly gave any technical advantage as far as I can see, but I do believe it was part n parcel of the marque and set it apart from others and I think the current gun is missing something by dropping this feature...
    Dave
    Well, Dave. I often thought the 22 inch barrel looked pretty naff in photos. But when taking possession of this 35e I didn't bat an eyelid. Maybe it was the sling that took my eye away from the lengthy barrel. It doesn't look odd to my eyes- in the flesh. I'm not saying it adds anything positive to the gun, though.
    In fact, a carbine barreled 35e would look better. Or is that a 35K in a E stock? What's ever easiest to bring together.

Hopefully the next one I build up will be a .22" E with carbine Barrel as my new ratting gun
    So I raided my 35 parts bin for a quick mockup :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice.
    Check your messages
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

image.jpg

Ooooh, presented thus, in an almost Monty Python Holy Grail stylee; what a lovely shrine for those that value character, quality and classic, timeless design.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooooh, presented thus, in an almost Monty Python Holy Grail stylee; what a lovely shrine for those that value character, quality and classic, timeless design.
    UGLY!

Sorry couldn't help myself

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in