Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HW35, a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    So if these 35 thingy's are supposed to be so damn nice to shoot, why are tuners putting old Airsporter technology into them to improve them

Pete
    Ah well, Pete, the very simple answer is that I had no 35 seals on the shelf when I built it up, so I simply bunged in a 2 pence O ring.

I could have made the one hour trip to Knibbs' and bought one for £11, but my trips to Knibbs usually end up costing me over £200 by the time I've finished buying bits and bobs, and then I normally end up spending the rest of the day shooting rimfires with my mate who lives next door to John.

Anyway the story of my O ringed 35 is on here :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....10#post2931510

And believe it or not it was pictured in Aug 2010 edition of "Real Airgun Sport" magazine.

image.jpg

All the best Mick

If this thread continues I'll have to get one and that bloody latch is a pia for southpaws

My 35 is set up with a Williams peep sight and very nice it is to. You can be surprisingly accurate with a peep sight and it suits the 35 well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    If this thread continues I'll have to get one and that bloody latch is a pia for southpaws

Im south paw and soon get used to it. L/h stock (Export and Deluxe) are available but only if I dont see them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    My 35 is set up with a Williams peep sight and very nice it is to. You can be surprisingly accurate with a peep sight and it suits the 35 well.
    And with the inter changeable foresight elements you can get a good sight picture.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The HW35 is the best all-round air-rifle. With a soft spring & diopter for 6 yards and 10 meters, full power spring for HFT and hunting, break-barrel for plinking and with enough weight to damp spring surge and an excellent trigger, it's the best for all purposes that's yet been come up with. A monkey with ten thumbs can strip and maintain it, and the Standard stock is ambi for all persuasion.

Pity the fools who judge a book by its cover. I think the 22" HW35 Export is extremely elegant.

[QUOTE=I. J.;7589408]Im south paw and soon get used to it. L/h stock (Export and Deluxe) are available but only if I dont see them first.

IJ what's the odds on me getting there first i thought I'd agreed to buy one from a club member but he traded it in the l/h stock ain't too much of a deal breaker but a genuine lefty would be nice

IJ what's the odds on me getting there first i thought I'd agreed to buy one from a club member but he traded it in the l/h stock ain't too much of a deal breaker but a genuine lefty would be nice
    Oh they are !

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It's probably the only air-rifle anyone needs.
    The HW35 is the best all-round air-rifle.

Pity the fools who judge a book by its cover. I think the 22" HW35 Export is extremely elegant.
    Make your mind up me old mate, first you say the HW99 is the only one needed and then you say the same about the 35

Now I can see why you sold me my old Prosport back as you're surely going a bit mad if you think a Carp rod with an ugly bit of wood on one end is elegant

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    you're surely going a bit mad if you think a Carp rod with an ugly bit of wood on one end is elegant

Pete

Possibly your best anti-HW35 insult so far.

The 99 comment was simply to 'encourage debate'. A single 35 could crush a pack of 99s.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Oh they are !

They look very foxy and that's torn it!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah well, Pete, the very simple answer is that I had no 35 seals on the shelf when I built it up, so I simply bunged in a 2 pence O ring.

I could have made the one hour trip to Knibbs' and bought one for £11, but my trips to Knibbs usually end up costing me over £200 by the time I've finished buying bits and bobs, and then I normally end up spending the rest of the day shooting rimfires with my mate who lives next door to John.

Anyway the story of my O ringed 35 is on here :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....10#post2931510

And believe it or not it was pictured in Aug 2010 edition of "Real Airgun Sport" magazine.

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Nice one, Mick. I was going to ask if you didn't mind doing a link to that thread.

Remember it being in RAS. Must delve into the cupboard and dig it out.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

If this thread continues I'll have to get one
    Do it, do it, do it. You'll love it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

The HW35 is the best all-round air-rifle. With a soft spring & diopter for 6 yards and 10 meters, full power spring for HFT and hunting, break-barrel for plinking and with enough weight to damp spring surge and an excellent trigger, it's the best for all purposes that's yet been come up with. A monkey with ten thumbs can strip and maintain it, and the Standard stock is ambi for all persuasion.

So true, Al.

They look very foxy and that's torn it!
    Oh yes, loveliness personified.

If this thread continues I'll have to get one ...
    Perhaps this helps :-)

Eselt - schedule listing