Thread: Questions You Always Wanted to Know About Walther but We're Afraid to Ask

Questions You Always Wanted to Know About Walther but We're Afraid to Ask

What the hell happened?

Not got the foggiest. But why do the LGU/LGV et all display their branding?

Its not a marque I have any meaningful knowledge on but having put a few shots through an LGU and LGV I can say that Walther haven't gone that far wrong allowing their branding to be put to these guns as they are well engineered and in no way bring down German gunmaking traditions.
    Dave

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Drew

What the hell happened?

Walther has had its ups and downs, but for very many years now its been a buoyant and developing company with not just a great history but a great present and future.

It makes and sell modern products in all sectors, sporting, military, and fun. Oh, and I don't work for them, the wife and I have just been customer's for 40 years, and friend's of what is still a family business, we visit Ulm when ever we can, have many old friends there, and we use modern Walther's for our modern shooting in air and small bore, and still have the air ones we used many years ago. They are a modern company but they value their heritage, and have a superb private museum at Ulm, visits are strictly by arrangement, but if you would like to see some pictures , email me.

If you go on their web site, they have a great History page, covering the three ages of the company.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    What the hell happened?
    Nothing - your clearly a FWB, Anschutz,Diana,Morini or other fan :

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Drew

What the hell happened?

Walther has had its ups and downs, but for very many years now its been a buoyant and developing company with not just a great history but a great present and future.

It makes and sell modern products in all sectors, sporting, military, and fun. Oh, and I don't work for them, the wife and I have just been customer's for 40 years, and friend's of what is still a family business, we visit Ulm when ever we can, have many old friends there, and we use modern Walther's for our modern shooting in air and small bore, and still have the air ones we used many years ago. They are a modern company but they value their heritage, and have a superb private museum at Ulm, visits are strictly by arrangement, but if you would like to see some pictures , email me.

If you go on their web site, they have a great History page, covering the three ages of the company.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Robin, thanks for your reply. That is kind of what I mean. All that very fine heritage and products for so many years and now also a brand for fairly standard, middle of the road and presumably decent air rifles of various kinds. What input do the factory have in the new LGV/U, lever action retro stuff, RM8 etc? I don't see these rolling out of the same factory as match rifles. Where are the aforementioned "Umarex Walthers" made?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Drew

Walther at the Ulm/Leher factory make all the Walther match brands, as well as the Military and Police lines, the true Walther products, and Development, and Sports Services, is also at Ulm, along with management offices and the museum.

All the non match, replica and sporting basic air rifles, and Umarex brands are made at the Umarex plant at Arnsberg.

Its been a family business since its inception, its not a public company, and still is a genuine family business today, it was basically bought out by the partnership who owned Umerex to save it as a German company, and stay as a family business, the partners are both enthusiasts, they both shoot, and there is still a Walther family member on the board today. One of the owning partners, Wulf- Heinz Pflaumer is often at Ulm, and often sits with the worker in the smoking room! Many of the staff are 20 year plus people.

The bread and butter business is the police pistol and military products, and most times when we have been there that is all that's in production, I always get the impression that the target range is just for prestige but probably not. I love the place its Disney land for shooters!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?