Thread: Standard or Light Pattern?

Standard or Light Pattern?

Just picked up an early Lincoln Jeffries underlever .177 serial number 13981,at forty three inches overall length which is it please?.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Just picked up an early Lincoln Jeffries underlever .177 serial number 13981,at forty three inches overall length which is it please?.
    Sounds like a standard pattern.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thank you ,it's missing its underlever catch and trigger guard,any suggestions as to sourcing these parts?.

39" light pattern 43 1/4 standard 45 1/2 or 45 1/4 long (long tom). Standard stock length 14 1/4 two custom options 13 1/4 or 13 3/4. Serial 13730-14229 period of manufacture Sep 1907/jan1908 despatch sep1907/sep1908. Info from JohnKnibbs book.

Damn,they're not cheap

Bsa

Yep not cheap joys of collecting that's why some folk buy older ones for spares but even cheapies are pushing £200+ Knibbs buy them for spares. I have 4 1911 -1927 and going over to German models.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    Yep not cheap joys of collecting that's why some folk buy older ones for spares but even cheapies are pushing £200+ Knibbs buy them for spares. I have 4 1911 -1927 and going over to German models.
    Sadly it appears you're right,the cost of replacement parts is out weighed by their value when broken up.

You have to agree, a lot of them aint doing bad for guns getting on for 100 years old.

Spares are rare because they go on for donkeys years, and are pretty much indestructible in normal use.

Once these guns are fixed up, they will probably last another 100 years, so from that perspective they are astonishingly GOOD value for money. And, they dont need an air cylinder to keep them going!

Lakey

What kind of trigger guard you need? I have a spare tang type

Hi,Thank you for your reply,these underlevers are an entirely new subject for me,how many trigger guard variants are there?.

There are two tapped holes in front of the trigger blade rebate, but none at the rear.

I think this is the type of trigger guard your rifle needs:

https://i.imgur.com/UpJljzA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tvB5tMn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9FvuGb6.jpg

Unfortunately this one is off my A series and not for sale. The only spare trigger guard I have is the tang type which was fitted to some standards and club standards in the 1920s.

Sorry, but I am always buying bits and bobs for these old BSA's. If I ever come across one, and you have not sourced one, ill get in touch.

Thanks again,that appears to be what I need,the blade functions but doesn't look like a BSA item,and the cocking arm catch has gone a.w.a.l..

If you're willing to keep an eye out, that would be great