Thread: Diana 27 video

Diana 27 video

Roped the missus into making a sweet little vid of her Diana 27.
    She’s a great shot with it!

https://youtu.be/889pWxlysQY

Cheers,
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Roped the missus into making a sweet little vid of her Diana 27.
    She’s a great shot with it!

https://youtu.be/889pWxlysQY

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Great video, great rifle, great shooting!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

South African ladies know how to shoot. Normally they carry a 9mm or a nice snubby .38. I just got in one of the oldest model 27's that had the full wooden stock, think they were around 1960's Danny ? It is built like a tank, every bit is solid steel, also a screw on cap.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    South African ladies know how to shoot.
    She’s a natural, definitely has some strong Boer blood in her.
    Ironically it was partly the Boers picking off Englishman from a great distance that led to the popularity of air rifle shooting in Great Britain at the end of the 19th century.
    I understand it was an attempt to teach the average Englishman marksmanship through bell target shooting?

I’d love to make a video outlining the Boer war/ bell target story.

South African ladies know how to shoot. Normally they carry a 9mm or a nice snubby .38. I just got in one of the oldest model 27's that had the full wooden stock, think they were around 1960's Danny ? It is built like a tank, every bit is solid steel, also a screw on cap.

Baz
    Baz the first long (half?) stock mod 27 was in the 1930s and had a lovely walnut stock as well as the 'double pull' trigger like on the first Webley Mk3s (but made better).

Diana (and Milbro) carried on with the mod 27 from the 1950s, in beech. You can tell the 1930s one (apart from walnut and month/year stamps on butt) because the screw on cylinder end cap was flat. The postwar caps were domed to accommodate more complex trigger geometry.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    She’s a natural, definitely has some strong Boer blood in her.
    Ironically it was partly the Boers picking off Englishman from a great distance that led to the popularity of air rifle shooting in Great Britain at the end of the 19th century.
    I understand it was an attempt to teach the average Englishman marksmanship through bell target shooting?

I’d love to make a video outlining the Boer war/ bell target story.
    The late Frank Spittle wrote a wonderful book on bell target shooting.

His son(?) keeps open this abridged online version:

http://www.belltarget.com/resources/...rget_Story.pdf
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Very nice video. Just wish in American they would have vintage shoots.

Looks like I have picked up a 1930's one, it has similar trigger to the first MK3 Webley. Every part on it is so well made and quality steel. Think I may keep this for myself (until next years Kempton ).

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Looks like I have picked up a 1930's one, it has similar trigger to the first MK3 Webley. Every part on it is so well made and quality steel. Think I may keep this for myself (until next years Kempton ).

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Lovely

Now have a look inside a new Daystate, which will still be around in another 100 years?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Thats one solid lump of steel!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Very nice video. Just wish in American they would have vintage shoots.
    Thanks,

the Vintage shoot is fast becoming the comp we look forward to the most.
    It’s great fun, and with standing shots with open sights up to 35yds you really have to use the force!

A couple of rifles and a few knock down targets and you could set up a nice little informal vintage shoot over there, I’m sure there would be some interest.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Nice wee video...many thanks for posting...I've got a similar one made in September 1935, which I only found out today courtesy of your video as I didn't realise the month and date were stamped beneath the breech.

They really are superb rifles as were the later full stock ones including the early Milbro ones which also have a superb build quality.

Cheers Graeme

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    I picked up a prewar 27 with factory aperture sight at Melbourne and it has become my favourite rifle. Very accurate. A remarkable thing.
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

THANKS MATT FOR POSTING THE VIDEO, ALISON ALSO LOVES HER NEW TO HER DIANA 27e, (POSSIBLY BELONGED TO MELVIN "CAPTAIN BIRDEYE!" FROM BISLEY, SHOT QUITE WELL ON THE FIRST TIME OUT, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT VINTAGE COMP.

I KEEP "THROWING DOWN THE GAUNTLET" TO OTHER CLUBS WHO SHOOT VINTAGE BUT SO FAR NO TAKERS!.

ITS A GREAT COMP AND IS BUILDING UP NICELY.

WORTH KEEPING AN EYE ON BISLEY AS THEY HOLD VINTAGE COMPS AS WELL, ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY HAVE THEIR VINTAGE MEETINGS ON A WEDNESDAY BUT, SOMETIMES THEY HAVE A SUNDAY VINTAGE SHOOT, IN THE PAST THESE BEING "IN MEMORY OF THE SOMME" AND A "DUMP SHOOT" BOTH OF WHICH ME AND ALISON ATTENDED.

COME ON YOU GUYS WHO HAVE VINTAGE (PRE 1939) RIFLES THAT NEED AN OUTING AND GIVE IT A GO!. LEA VALLEY AIRGUN CLUB ON THE SECOND SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH.

DAVEM.