Thread: Lp53 rear sight blade required

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

Lp53 rear sight blade required

Mate of mine has lost his and the retaining screw.

Ta

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hard to find as many of them have broken by now, Early HW sights fit very well without modification, mounting screw etc all line up, The earlier ones don't have the plastic and look spot on.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Weihrauch ones are better and less fragile than the originals. I had to put a blanking plate on mine and drill a hole as the screw (forget which one, think it was the front retaining one) was smaller in diameter than the HW one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Weihrauch ones are better and less fragile than the originals. I had to put a blanking plate on mine and drill a hole as the screw (forget which one, think it was the front retaining one) was smaller in diameter than the HW one.
    I put a nylon washer in in the front hole to take up the difference, also seen this done with an o ring to save modifying the pistol or sight, They do work well, I fitted an HW one with a rotating rear plate with 4 different sight gaps, worked superbly well for target shooting and could be adjusted for different light, I do have an early 53 with the original sight but prefer shooting with the HW option,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks all. Have passed this onto him.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

John Groenewold in the US has some original parts left for the LP53. No sight blades left though and not cheap.

http://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/ind...ath=78_344_347
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Have a word with Bob Stiles, ZOOMA on here.

He may be able to help.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks again all, a member on here has come to the rescue.

As usual.

Dave
    Smell my cheese