Thread: Airsporter S group

Airsporter S group

Well, please find a link to my best efforts with my 177 S fitted with tasco golden antler 4x32 at about 27 yards (26.5 of my paces!)
    Middle row on the right is my best effort, though it is a bit of a cheat��. After all the other practice groups I felt I was getting somewhere and went for a best 5 shot group. The first shot I pulled low by about an inch so I started again! This time the first shot went just to the left then the next four are just to the right, nearly down the same hole. The big problem is the trigger, I have it as light as I dare but it is a bit inconsistent. The pellets were JSB 4,53 which it spits out at 791fps. I know it may be easier to shoot if I dropped the power but for the moment I will leave it as it is. Next I'll have a go with my 22's and see how I get on

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjg0xflk7.jpg
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think that's pretty good shooting with a tap loader, I used to find it strange with some of my springers, I could use a rifle one time and it would chuck pellets everywhere and other times it would put them into respectable groups.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, the RB2s are much more accurate
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, the RB2s are much more accurate
    Probably but my RB2 is horrid to shoot compared to my Carbine S.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    Exactly my own experience of the two!

Airsporter S group

Pete
    A good tip with the rb is to unwind the restricter grub screw in the tranfer port roller breech, you will have to heat it first as they are locktighted, then you will have to cut the mainspring down a coil or two & re-finish it,after chronoing it obviously. This gives a much sweeter firing cycle & makes them easier to cock too, making extended zeroing or plinking sessions even better.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    A good tip with the rb is to unwind the restricter grub screw in the tranfer port roller breech, you will have to heat it first as they are locktighted, then you will have to cut the mainspring down a coil or two & re-finish it,after chronoing it obviously. This gives a much sweeter firing cycle & makes them easier to cock too, making extended zeroing or plinking sessions even better.
    Only certain models had the grub screw, I know the .25 models had them and I remember seeing one on a Stutzen but my one doesn't have one (first thing I checked when I stripped the rifle), Tony Wall at SFS told me about the grub screw many many years ago.

Pete

Airsporter S group

Only certain models had the grub screw, I know the .25 models had them and I remember seeing one on a Stutzen but my one doesn't have one (first thing I checked when I stripped the rifle), Tony Wall at SFS told me about the grub screw many many years ago.

Pete
    My .22 carbine rb had one & a .22 brum supersport i had too.

After further attempts yesterday with my 22 MK2 and 22 Mercury S. I ended up with a couple of jobs to do. I decided to strip my 177 mk1 and reduce the power. Did this today by removing approximately 10mm of pre-load. This has had two affects. Power is now 10.5ft lbs and the slight amount of spring twang has gone, happy days!
    The second job is on my mk2. When I mounted the scope on it I noticed the cylinder rotating!! This is due to the back block not tightening up properly, just needs adjustment. Despite this I shot some very reasonable groups but will try again when fettled. Had a quick go with the 177 mk1 this afternoon and it does seem slightly easier to group with. Will have another go soon once all the fixing is done.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer