Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle top ups and retest.

Bottle top ups and retest.

Hello Folks.
    After taking 2x 12 litre and 1x 4 litre bottle to get topped I am somewhat dazed at the fees.
    1 12ltr being sent away for retest @ £64
    The other 12ltr and the 4ltr topped up @ £10 each.

What are you guys paying please?

I paid £5.00 for first fill and £4.00 for subsequent fills, 3 ltr, 300 bar bottle.

I also pay £5 for filling any size bottle, so I decant from large one to my 3litre. When you consider the cost of a commercial compressor I'm surprised it's not more. Unfortunately for pcp guns we don't get great value from our bottles, much less than 200bar and it needs filling. Get a rushed fill and you are looking at 260bar!

Bottel test

HI, It cost £36 to get a bottle tested, and £7 for a fill it used to be £4 , the other place charges £6.and my bottle is a big 15lt 232bar .ATB BOB.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN3 View Post
    Hello Folks.
    After taking 2x 12 litre and 1x 4 litre bottle to get topped I am somewhat dazed at the fees.

Well if it has to be "sent away" there's going to be a fair shipping fee, or their fuel cost if they take a van load (there & back to deliver & to collect)

1st fill of my 3ltr 300bar 10 mile drive £10, so I never went back there.
    Next place 5 mile drive £3 but a max of 250bar, sadly now closed.
    Now got 12ltr I do a 20 mile drive for 300bar £5 while I wait.

even the gun shops round here refused to fill the cylinder on my AAs200 and 400. i ended up having to go a diving club where it was filled for free. still cost bit. could not refuse there dear beer. that's why i invested in a pump. and returned to spring power.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Hello Folks.

12 ltr £5.00 even when i took it for first fill from mt

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Thumbs up Free unlimited fill up's for 5 years

Bought my breathing air 7ltr bottle reg & whip new from Skipton gun room last year for £195 but they will fill it free of charge for 5 years, I have had it refilled five times since last year and it is about ready for another so average of six a year over 5 years 30x fills looks like a good deal to me
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Hello Folks.

I think they saw you coming !!!! thats way too much.

My own personal opinion : for myself, I look at the total cost of getting a bottle filled (which includes direct travel costs and time). My local shop (8 miles away) charges £5 for filling small bottles and £8 for filling big ones, along with £45 plus fill for a full retest (an additional £8 in my case).

I'm happy to pay that sort of charge as I quite well believe them when they say that Bottle Filling is a Loss Making Situation for them due to the high cost of running a Compressor and the lack of incidental sales to Airgun Users who pop in for a Bottle fill only and nothing else.

My Club has their own Compressor and based on running costs (and depreciation) over the last two years I'd guess that filling a 12 Ltre Bottle costs maybe £15 or more, they are not a cheap item to run and few people appreciate the true cost of running them.

If your dive shop is five minutes drive away you'd struggle to make any real savings by driving a lot further and saving £5 in the process.

JMHO, Vic Thompson.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    CTS in Speke, tested and filled my 3L bottle for £15.

Think a fill is around £3.50 to £5 depending on bottle size.

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    Bought my breathing air 7ltr bottle reg & whip new from Skipton gun room last year for £195 but they will fill it free of charge for 5 years, I have had it refilled five times since last year and it is about ready for another so average of six a year over 5 years 30x fills looks like a good deal to me

That’s a clever bit of sales/marketing by skipton gun room. I’ll bet you rarely leave without at least a tin of pellets.

the other thing to look at is the charging gear they use. does it have a water trap. you want air, not water filled air. another reason i chose a water filtering pump.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated

Lucky

I must be bloody lucky where I live I put my bottle in for checking at APS Marine, they did the research and found it was leaking (damned thing was empty after filling rifle once) They didn't try to push things but when I said it were getting close to retest date Brian said "now you've mentioned it why not get it re-tested while it's away". I recommend APS Marine to anyone who is in need of divers air or air gun air. A thoroughly nice firm. Just outside of Salisbury.
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

I took my bottle to Midland Dive Equipment in Liecester to be tested. Its going to cost me £39.90 this includes a fill.

A fill for a 12 Ltr 300 bar bottle is about £4.95 or £5.95

Regards

Martin
    Last edited by Martin(rockape); 21-10-2018 at 01:39 AM.