Thread: Big up for Robin Hewitt at Combro

Big up for Robin Hewitt at Combro

It's been said before I know; but I wanted to share

I shot the front off my mk4 Combro with a .25 springer yesterday... yes even I can get it wrong

I contacted Robin by email asking if I could send it to him for some TLC.

He replied within 15 minutes and was very helpful.

I had it in the post within the hour with a very modest payment and he has offered to do the required fixing/replacement of broken parts.

I've had this combro for at least 8 years and it has done sterling service keeping my significant collection legal throughout my constant tinkering with transfer ports, piston weights and spring changes.

A big thumbs up for a great company with great customer service.

Cheers
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thumbs up

Always a great service he is/was a member on here too....lucky you didn't phone him up as he can arf chat
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I agree, when I sent mine off for repair I was very impressed with the speed and cost of the repair. Top service!

He's great and welcome to the "Shot the End off my Combro" club.

Arrived today while I was at lunch, repaired and recalibrated in 8 minutes, in the post tonight.

Reading 1.5 ft/s slow at 500 ft/s with a deviation of 0.32 ft/s against the test gun.

Calibration ref: 30352, recomended calibration 074 which should put it spot on

What is this calibration ? My Combro is at least ten years old, will it need recalibrating ? If so, how ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    What is this calibration ? My Combro is at least ten years old, will it need recalibrating ? If so, how ?
    Did it have a number written on the back of the case in pencil? If so, go to the Combro website and look it up.

cb-625's do not have large, convenient light screens to aim for, what they do have is no parallax error and they insist you break 2 very narrow light beams. This makes them inconvenient but consistant and being consistant makes them calibratable.

First stage calibration checks that they are within 0.5% of the test gun. No more than 2 ft/s out at 500 ft/s. Outside that and they require rework.

Second stage calibration looks for consistency against the test gun. It doesn't care if they are slow or fast so long as they are consistant.

You can adjust a cb-625 1% fast or slow just by pressing buttons. The consistency measurement lets you calibrate your cb-625 to match our test gun.

It has to read 3 consecutive shots with a consistency of 1 ft/s, so that when you calibrate your cb-625 to the middle of that 1 ft/s spread you are theoretically accurate to 0.5 ft/s at 500 ft/s. The test gun awards a number that is written on the back of the cb-625, the number points you to the test data for your chronoscope on our website.

I say, "theoretically" because 99.9% accuracy is ridiculous. Locating the pellet to within a few thousandths of an inch is asking rather a lot, but it has to do it to pass calibration and when I recalibrate it seems to hold true more often than not.