Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottle top ups and retest.

If you come to Basildon at all (a fair way from Witham but perhaps on your travels??) Thameside Fire Protection in Cranes Farm Road will fill a 12l 300 bar bottle while you wait. I think last time it cost me £5.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

I just use a new fx pump now

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    I just use a new fx pump now
    That might be the way that I go too.
    I just put a fill hose on my 12 ltr bottle and checked the fill level. Result 250 bar which is a bit cheeky with their fee being double everyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN3 View Post
    I just put a fill hose on my 12 ltr bottle and checked the fill level. Result 250 bar which is a bit cheeky with their fee being double everyone elses.
    Last year 7L 300 bar test and fill £32 plus any serviceable parts; £40 total. The fill was only 270 bar which I was not happy about, but it seems that others on this thread have paid extra for a fill after test. That 250 bar fill you had is very poor.

That £64 they charged you for test was expensive (presumably to cover cost of them sending to a test centre). Unlikely to fail, but if it did, that's more money gone. You need a more cost effective fill/test centre next time. Expensive test but preferable to a new cylinder with airgun valve which now seem to be priced around £214; and they know it
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

happy with my local Armourlite Ltd

7 ltr 300 bar and 9 ltr 300 bar 5yr test and filled £76,11 mile away
    BSA m/s ultra 177 huma reg,Gamo Coyote .177, BSA international MK2 22lr, BSA Sportsman HV .22 FAC huma reg 25ft/lb. Webley Raider 10, .22,Marlin 795 22lr,brno CZ452 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN3 View Post
    Dive shops might have a compressor that only does 250bar, dive cylinders are usually A clamp 232bar so they don't need the extra 50bar, always worth asking & worth an extra 20-30 mile drive to a shop that does the full 300bar.

They state 300 bar filling and are RFD and sales/shop.