Thread: A Couple of cool rifles for the collection....

A Couple of cool rifles for the collection....

A Theoben Sentinel in .177 cal and Airgun Centre HW77 Zephyr in .177. Two beautiful rifles that I'm going to enjoy shooting. The Sentinel has an Ambi thumbhole stock and is lazer accurate 😊. The Zephyr is a rare rifle that I managed to persuade a good pal on here to part with it. The French Walnut target stock is stunning and so smooth to shoot. I would appreciate any information on them.

Cheers.

Looking very smart Karl👍. I was only saying other day that you don't hear the term or place of origin as "French" these days so I wonder where walnut is sourced these days?
    I recall the Zephyr had an oval ground piston shell to reduce cylinder contact.n friction and was coated with a green Ptfe product? And of course the Theoben piston heads from memory- two of which I managed to purchase years ago and one of which is still in my main shooting iron to this day. I would be interested to hear how it shoots?
    Very nice indeed👍
    Dave😊

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    A Theoben Sentinel in .177 cal and Airgun Centre HW77 Zephyr in .177. Two beautiful rifles that I'm going to enjoy shooting. The Sentinel has an Ambi thumbhole stock and is lazer accurate 😊. The Zephyr is a rare rifle that I managed to persuade a good pal on here to part with it. The French Walnut target stock is stunning and so smooth to shoot. I would appreciate any information on them.

Cheers.
    The only two you could ever need.....

Two beauties !!

Zephyr 77

Zephyr 77 produced and distributed by the airgun centre Essex. French walnut stock. PTFE coated piston and spring. Including scope weight is about 11 lbs. Theoben designed the zephyr piston configuration. To keep friction co-efficient the walls of the piston head are concave, giving two narrow edges of contact against the cylinder walls. The piston seal has channels cut across it's surface which feed the vestiage of compressed air to the transfer port. Theoben also produce a lovely silencer on these to complete the whole package. Produced around 1986 but not sure on numbers. A HW80 Zephyr was also produced but are hen's teeth. Mach 1.5

I had a zephyr, but sold it maybe 2 years back. It was a nice gun to shoot. That piston seal was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, unless it was glued into position. I changed mine for a standard one.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Zephyr 77 produced and distributed by the airgun centre Essex. French walnut stock. PTFE coated piston and spring. Including scope weight is about 11 lbs. Theoben designed the zephyr piston configuration. To keep friction co-efficient the walls of the piston head are concave, giving two narrow edges of contact against the cylinder walls. The piston seal has channels cut across it's surface which feed the vestiage of compressed air to the transfer port. Theoben also produce a lovely silencer on these to complete the whole package. Produced around 1986 but not sure on numbers. A HW80 Zephyr was also produced but are hen's teeth. Mach 1.5
    Thanks for the information, the rifle shoots great.☺