Thread: Advice on gutting rabbits.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Dave.

There Is more than one way to get the meat off a rabbit. The method I use Is one that I saw on a video a few years ago. The method Is to remove the meat from the top of the rabbit. Therefore not touching the gut cavity at all.

I've sent you a link via message to a video showing this method,

John
    Last edited by luckymjr; 21-10-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Thanks to every one that posted on this.

Should have said on my opening post ----------if i am shooting and removing the rabbits instead of throwing them in the edge they are going to either a game dealer or butcher, although two that i have supplied over the years have stopped trading just leaving one butcher ATM ------so they have to be still in their fur

Most of you agree that you need to gut them ASAP before the guts swell then there is no fancy knife needed -----and this is what i'll do from now on.
    I have tried the push gut method but seem to struggle to exert enough pressure

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

I pull the fur up away from the gut. Just below the rib cage and make a small incision a then with two fingers pull down to expose the guts.
    Not a fan of the push gut method as it causes too much merriment from my mate!
    Now squirrels are another chapter.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.