Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
All done. It works a treat. 630-626-633-624 were the first shots. Power needs to go down.

Which pellets did you test with?
I used JSB Express 14.13 gr. I'll also test with 15.89 JSB's. But I need to find a way to get the power down asap hehe.
Will do a bit of research on this but it's probably a case of taking out a shim in the reg.
This is why I will not work on a regulator alone unless I have tuned the rest of the gun. Tuning a gun is a process involving getting all the relevant parts to work together and optimising them for consistency, then setting the power and re-checking the consistency. Supplying a serviced regulator to a gun which has been modified or badly set up beforehand by another person will more often than not produce an illegal firearm. I am an RFD and do not wish my RFD status to fall foul of the law by supplying parts that people fit to rifles making them unlicensed FAC guns.
If I have tuned a gun I keep records so that it will be possible to service and reset the regulator for that gun in the future if no other modifications have been done by other people. That is the only way I will consider working on a regulator alone.
There is also nothing to say that even with a consistent and legal muzzle velocity that a gun can actually put a respectable group size in due to various other reasons for example the barrel crown and/or the silencer thread. If I have the whole action I can correct most issues such as badly machined crown or breech. I have seen barrels with internal damage due to corrosion or mistreatment that not even a re-crown will make them shoot well.
There are places on an S10 that need Loctite but not the regulator. BSA have over the years seemingly used Loctite in the wrong places, usually excessively when applied. They have also neglected to use it in the right places. I can only guess that the changes were due to different people working on assembly or possibly customers who may have been told the gun has never been serviced when in fact it has been wrongly assembled by somebody in a previous life? Either forgotten about or information not passed to the current owner.