Thread: Webley Hawk Mk II

Webley Hawk Mk II

Ideas of value please.

All good . Bought it new when I got the airgun disease and probably only fired 100 pellets. Some light scratches on stock
    The disease has developed into antique muzzle loaders. Got to start clearing out.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    That's a nice, almost complete set. The Hawks don't seem to be very sought after, which is a shame. They were never a very robust rifle, so ones in good condition seem to be scarce. With the box and accessories, I'd say the rifle is worth about £90-100, but you may need to come down a little because the box doesn't have the card sleeve, and there's no instruction manual with it.
    I sold a boxed MkIII Hawk on here for £125, and 3 good condition, unboxed Hawk MkII's for £220 for all three.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-1970-s-Webley
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....kII-Collection
    Last edited by harry mac; 21-10-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

[QUOTE=harry mac;7583428]That's a nice, almost complete set. The Hawks don't seem to be very sought after, which is a shame. They were never a very robust rifle, so ones in good condition seem to be scarce. With the box and accessories, I'd say the rifle is worth about £90-100, but you may need to come down a little because the box doesn't have the card sleeve, and there's no instruction manual with it.
    I sold a boxed MkIII Hawk on here for £125, and 3 good condition, unboxed Hawk MkII's for £220 for all three.

Do have sleeve and outer shipping box and even instructions . Does that mean complete?

you have a mk11 with both barrels so is worth more than a mk111 with one barrel......

[QUOTE=evolution;7583441]
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post

Do have sleeve and outer shipping box and even instructions . Does that mean complete?
    That's good news then, and would raise the value to more in the region of £120 and maybe "a little more". Any chance you could include a pic of the "whole shebang" in all its glory?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Hawk

Oops, wrong sleeve. I guess that's a Mk 1.
    Never new I had a sleeve as it was stuck in carton it was shipped in.
    Sleeve for MK 1 now available for sale.

How annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post

Oops, wrong sleeve. I guess that's a Mk 1.
    Never new I had a sleeve as it was stuck in carton it was shipped in.
    Sleeve for MK 1 now available for sale.

How annoying.
    Hang on, it’s entirely possible that that is the original sleeve. Webley would have used them up until they were gone, even if the rifle had evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Hang on, it’s entirely possible that that is the original sleeve. Webley would have used them up until they were gone, even if the rifle had evolved.
    No it's not. The Mk1 was shipped with the barrels dismounted. The box sleeve was much shorter than that on the MkII box.

correct here is my mk1

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    No it's not. The Mk1 was shipped with the barrels dismounted. The box sleeve was much shorter than that on the MkII box.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    correct here is my mk1
    Aargh. You are of course both right. Facepalm. How could I not have noticed that?

I should also add that, had this been a sleeve for a MKII Hawk box, I would have ripped his arm off. Anyone got one knocking around?