Thread: 1980's Rentokil Daystate PCP with Stainless Steel Cylinder valuation wanted.

1980's Rentokil Daystate PCP with Stainless Steel Cylinder valuation wanted.

Hi there, I have a 1980's Rentokil Daystate PCP with Stainless Cylinder for sale and I'd like to elicit a fair idea as to what I can reasonably ask for it. It's currently residing in one of my spare bedrooms and without an expedition to find it and come up with a fuller expanation as to it's true condition, I'm ok to list it as "scruffy and maybe non working" (I rarely shoot any of my collectable airguns and collect on the basis of scarcity alone).

I can provide piccies early tomorrow early evening sometime, but in the meantime would appreciate a vaue based on the item being in "a rough old dog condition", and if it looks better than that once I've rustled up a few piccies, that's a bonus for me.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Hi Vic,
    My understanding of these is that whilst they might be the godfather of the current crop of PCPs they are pretty crude beasts. In my view they are more of an inetertesting curio than a desirable collectable.
    On that basis I would offer a valuation of £100-125 depending on how rough and non-functional it is. There may of course be more fervent Daystate fans than me that will put a higher value on it.
    Cheers Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I repaired one of these for a chap a few years back , it had a brass air cylinder and a basic trigger and the stock and action
    were both stamped .
    I think the fill pressure was 160 bar , any higher gave lower power and 200 bar nearly locked the valve .

I turned it down at £80 but I have better rifles I shoot and don't collect .

I tried to buy one of these a while ago, when I found 5 on a shop shelf.....they were not for sale but resigned to the relics corner, they were the brass tubed ones and very rough/ crude, all ex Rentokil. I would say £100/£150 dependent on condition.....