Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickload?

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    It does come in very handy for cartridges that don't have any or a great deal of load data for such as my .223 AI or my 25-45 sharps, to inform both best powders and safe start loads. (Thanks Guesty for all your help on both of those)
    Fair
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Useful for me

I like it a lot. Good for looking for optional powders and running "what if" scenarios. It is somewhat of an art to use it effectively and requires calibration. I usually fire a few test loads over the chrono and then adjust the data to match my rifle. From that point on program tracks really well and gives me a much better idea of chamber pressures being generated. All things considered, it is an astonishing bit of kit. I do use optimal barrel time which works with most but not all of my rifles. I really like sitting in front of a boring TV show and playing with QuickLoad. It has really aided my understanding of ballistics and made me a much better reloader. You will probably have to read or watch a lot of tutorials to get you up and running effectively.