Thread: Air arm v weihrauch silencer

Air arm v weihrauch silencer

Standard push on air arms silencer
    Weihrauch half inch unf silencer
    Would there be much noticeable different in noise used on a sub 12ftlb air arms s410

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Huge difference but the Weihrauch was way longer with adaptor.

It upset the balance of my rifle so much I went back to the standard AA at the loss of quietness.

Ive heard the more expensive push on AA silencer is as good as the Weihrauch but not tried it.
    Master Debater

Standard AA mod is pretty shxt. The more expensive calibre specific Q Tech is very good. Personally I don't like the silencer adapter you have to use if wanting to fit the HW mod to a 410.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Standard AA mod is pretty shxt. The more expensive calibre specific Q Tech is very good. Personally I don't like the silencer adapter you have to use if wanting to fit the HW mod to a 410.
    Is the qtec worth the money?

I have an AA Q-Tec silencer, a standard AA silencer and a Weihrauch silencer on three different rifles and the Q-Tec is the quietest by far.

In fact the Q-Tec is the quietest silencer I've used in over 40 years of air gunning.

The Weihrauch is next quietest and I agree with Trumpetier's assessment of the standard AA silencer!

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Is the qtec worth the money?
    Try and buy second hand. I paid £40 for my as new example.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    I have an AA Q-Tec silencer, a standard AA silencer and a Weihrauch silencer on three different rifles and the Q-Tec is the quietest by far.

In fact the Q-Tec is the quietest silencer I've used in over 40 years of air gunning.

The Weihrauch is next quietest and I agree with Trumpetier's assessment of the standard AA silencer!
    Totally opposite what I found

I have the Logun silencer on my AA S400 classic.(grub screw push fit)
    It's the almost silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post

Disagree. I found the q tec quite shit for such an expensive silencer. The hw is the best on my s300 with an adapter. But agree a slip on is shorter. Standard aa is pants.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Can't agree at all with this...

Standard AA silencer on my S200 is quiet to the point of the hammer being the loudest part of the firing cycle and frequently commented on by others including Weirauch mod users.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

Standard AA silencer on my S200 is quiet to the point of the hammer being the loudest part of the firing cycle and frequently commented on by others including Weirauch mod users.
    Cannot understand that harvey as mine is crap. The qtec is an over priced piece of junk also. Hw mod is the best i have on all my guns.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    My S410k is one of my main hunting rifles.

I have even considered rebarreling it with a slightly shorter crewcut barrel.

Just so I can go back to using a weihrauch mod on it without altering its balance.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

To add to my statement regarding the standard AA mod for a 410 being shxt. I should have said, the newer standard AA mod, the one with the 3 rings around it, is imo shxt on the 400 series. I have a older AA mod (without the rings) and it is excellent on my S200. The older ones have different internals. The Q Tech is excellent on the 400 series.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    To add to my statement regarding the standard AA mod for a 410 being shxt. I should have said, the newer standard AA mod, the one with the 3 rings around it, is imo shxt on the 400 series. I have a older AA mod (without the rings) and it is excellent on my S200. The older ones have different internals. The Q Tech is excellent on the 400 series.
    Glad I'm not the salmon swimming upstream
    Mine is a plain slip-on type on an older Mk2 S200...in .22 - if calibre makes a difference?

Got a Logan and two qtec mods on mine. Qtec definitely better.