Thread: BSA RS1 relex sight

BSA RS1 relex sight

Found today. Leaflet says 1978. Fun thing that needs to be on a BSA methinks.

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated
    I had one once, in fact it may be still in my bits box I'll have a rummage tomorrow. as I recall I fitted it to an Osprey but its mounts couldn't handle the recoil. Probably more suited to a pistol. A poor mans Single Point.
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Looked very similar in principle to the Webley Speedpoints (For the Webley collector : they are still available very cheaply here : https://www.pellpax.co.uk/optics/spo...eed-point/1040) - but actually from the picture below they aren't...

Those were made by Normark the makers of the original Singlepoint - I wonder if the BSA's were made by them as well?
    Last edited by harvey_s; 22-10-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: not acutally similar at all...

Ghostly image but not bad at say 25-30 yds once my eyes/brain worked out where to look.

Sold mine with a BSA Buccaneer .22.
    Plinking good fun. Build quality and sight picture were adiquate, all a lot of fun but best to kicking the tin cans.

Someone found a box load a few years back and was selling pretty cheaply. Now demanding a little more. For a novelty sight well worth having in the collection rather than another iron sight or 4x32 scope.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    That's actually quite different to the Single & Speed points which are both occluded eye gunsights...not what I expected from the diagram - thanks for posting that..interesting

The "lense" is two part. The chamfered front end is fixed by grub screw and can be rotated to gather more light in artificial/poor conditions. Clever methinks.