Thread: Feinwerkbau 2602

Feinwerkbau 2602

Hi guys seen one of these rifles for sale and liked the look of it, im having a bit of difficulty in finding more about their performance i.e. reviews, performance in comps etc.
    Has anyone got one? or could post links to sites/reviews .
    Also what would be the average price?
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius11 View Post
    Hi guys seen one of these rifles for sale and liked the look of it, im having a bit of difficulty in finding more about their performance i.e. reviews, performance in comps etc.
    Has anyone got one? or could post links to sites/reviews .
    Also what would be the average price?
    aquarius11
    The 2602 was a very good rifle. Performance was on a par with Anschutz and Walther rifles. Providing the barrel is in good condition, it should shoot 10s when matched with good ammo. At International level 2602s equalled world records, and won Olympic medals.

I don't think you'll find that may reviews on-line as FWB replaced it nearly 15 years ago. However there was a review of the alu-stocked version in Target Gun magazine, around 1998. The reviewers (Chris Fordham and Jim Duiguid of Bedford RC) liked the accuracy and balance, but found some the butt adjustment screws a bit fragile. Fundamentally the barrel*, bolt, trigger, and sights are the same as the current 2700. The stock is similar too; the big difference is that the 2602 alu has a joint behind the grip, and the 2700 doesn't.

Cost would depend on the stock, and condition. The 2602 Supermatch had the alu stock, and is worth more than the wood laminate 2602 Universal. From memory the 2602 Supermatch was selling for £1,300-1,400+ in the early 2000, before it was replaced by the 2700. As newer 2700 Supermatches are selling for over £1,000, I'd expect a 2602SM to be a bit less.

*Some 2602s had a short 50cm barrel with a long extension tube, whereas all 2700s have a 67cm barrel with a short tube.
    Last edited by tim s; 22-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Many thanks Tim
    One Shot = One Kill